Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Book of Records for the Model S...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted that one. Maybe the first Model S with a trailer hitch. (I have to haul around a 50' computer monitor, it about three inches too big.)

50' monitor is too big to fit in my house let alone my car....

Hitches are available.... Torklift Central - Tesla Model S Ecohitch Trailer Hitch|Ecohitch|Seattle|Kent|Auburn|Puyallup|Tacoma|Renton|Covington|Sumner|Bellevue|Burien|Enumclaw|WA

tesla_model_s_page.jpg

The white car above is a photoshop, but the red car is mine - Torklift used my car to design the hitch (so I assume I was the first to get a hitch). It's pretty nice, I like the simple way it installs and the fact that it's hidden.

Tesla doesn't recommend towing, but Torklift figures the hitch can handle about 2k pounds.

BTW, dwhite, I'll be staying overnight in Mojave in about 2 weeks, so PM me if you want to try to meet up so you can see the hitch.

Lowest elevation? Here's ours at Badwater, Death Valley, 282' below sea level:

IMG_5483 - Copy.JPG

I don't think we can claim first Model S in Death Valley, as Tesla did some hot-weather testing there. But I assume they were driving on Hwy 190 (where our Model S did happen to set a personal speed record), and not pulling over by Badwater.

Death Valley is a cool place:

IMG_5486 - Copy.JPG

Unverified, but a reliable source. The Chicago DS "Ross" told me on the phone that he delivered a MS to a lady in Michigan (Grand Rapids maybe?) who is 95 years old. Said she was sharp as a tack, and knew tons of stuff about the car.
If true I would suspect this will be like DiMaggio's hitting streak. Might never be broken.

I think I'm the first with 2 speeding tickets and have a photo of the officer behind me giving me the second one. During my first stop the officer was giddy and told he's let me off the hook if I gave him a ride but then didn't take the offer that he made. Looking to install a K40 Radar Detector to make sure ticket #3 doesn't happen.