Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC causes my processor to max out lately

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having issues in Chrome with the TMC website immediately maxing out your laptop processor? No issues on my phone, but my windows laptops (two different ones) hit 90+% CPU usage as soon as I open a tab to TMC, and it frequently freezes for a few seconds at a time. No issues on any other websites. It's been happening for a few weeks now.

I browse TMC exclusively on laptop computers ( a PC laptop at work, and a Mac laptop at home), and use chrome exclusively, and have not experienced this issue at all.

I dont have any access to TMC back end website stuff so I have no idea if they have changed anything, but I would suggest starting with the standard browser troubleshooting stuff (clearing cache / cookies, etc), and checking to see if you have any plugins that might be interacting with the site (like popup blockers, etc).

Y
I browse TMC exclusively on laptop computers ( a PC laptop at work, and a Mac laptop at home), and use chrome exclusively, and have not experienced this issue at all.

I dont have any access to TMC back end website stuff so I have no idea if they have changed anything, but I would suggest starting with the standard browser troubleshooting stuff (clearing cache / cookies, etc), and checking to see if you have any plugins that might be interacting with the site (like popup blockers, etc).
Yep, I've cleared them multiple times since it began. It's so bad that while typing this out, it takes 5 seconds before the letters appear. Same thing in an incognito window too, but Edge is fine.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch