Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2014 Registration for those who Pre-Registered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really encourage people to get a room at the host hotel while they're available. I looked at a lot of potential venues and this place just clicked. There are a bunch of cool spaces where small groups can gather, as well as a great convention space. The place is walled off with greenery and really feels like a self contained campus, and it sits right on this beautiful golf course. It's quite the upgrade. Then it's also not far from Laguna Seca and REFUEL (and of course everything Monterey/Carmel has to offer), so we really lucked out.

But is there an all night hot tub? That's really the most important feature.

Don't forget, last year the ones that stayed at the hotel at TESLIVE soaked in the hot tub for hours of geeky fun conversations. I highly recommend staying with the group.
I can confirm that there were no goats or llamas. No we're not as out there as Super Bowl commercials.

There was a quote involving "goat" though.

Speaking of, registration for REFUEL will open soon. Though I don't know exactly when yet. You don't need to register for spectator or the EV parade lap which is covered by your conference pass. But you do have to register with them for the performance events. Expect those to fill up quickly. If the event you want gets sold out, don't be discouraged. Definitely get on whatever waiting list.
I know REFUEL is a little bit of a separate thing, but do you know if there is/will be a partnership in place to secure track insurance (For example: "If the event you are attending provides instructors, classroom sessions for participants, and approved passing zones, please ask the event organizer to contact us. If they meet our required guidelines, we will make coverage available for the event." http://locktonmotorsports.com/product/track-insurance/)? I just talked to an old Evo acquaintance who got smashed up near the top of the corkscrew this Saturday. Not pretty.

Last edited:
I know REFUEL is a little bit of a separate thing, but do you know if there is/will be a partnership in place to secure track insurance (For example: "If the event you are attending provides instructors, classroom sessions for participants, and approved passing zones, please ask the event organizer to contact us. If they meet our required guidelines, we will make coverage available for the event." http://locktonmotorsports.com/product/track-insurance/)? I just talked to an old Evo acquaintance who got smashed up near the top of the corkscrew this Saturday. Not pretty.

Looks like REFUEL already has an insurance offering through Lockton... Go to the "Buy" button, then search for events at Laguna Seca in July -- you'll see that Speed Ventures has an event the weekend of Jul 18-20. Speed Ventures is REFUEL... Here's the link to the event page:

Speed Ventures | Lockton Motorsports

Looks like REFUEL already has an insurance offering through Lockton... Go to the "Buy" button, then search for events at Laguna Seca in July -- you'll see that Speed Ventures has an event the weekend of Jul 18-20. Speed Ventures is REFUEL... Here's the link to the event page:

Speed Ventures | Lockton Motorsports

Ugh. I'm an idiot. I looked under August 18-20. I have no idea why. Thanks!