Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2014 - Time and Place?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to attend this time. Las Vegas seems like a good alternative where the number of participants would not be as limited as last time. It is also close enough to the factory where tours could be scheduled.

Corvette events in Bowling Green, KY aren't limited to small numbers, and there are a whole lot more Corvette owners than Tesla owners.

- - - Updated - - -

Like in the DFW area.

Maybe if DFW gets progressive and eliminates dry precincts.

There are plenty of other Bay Area venues that can hold larger crowds than the hotel that was used last time.
Vegas and Fremont are not particularly close by.

I want to attend this time. Las Vegas seems like a good alternative where the number of participants would not be as limited as last time. It is also close enough to the factory where tours could be scheduled.

Just a reminder: The limitation in size was not because of the hotel or any reason other than it was the first year. We purposely limited the number of participants to make the first year manageable and make sure it could be a good experience. It was a heck of a lot easier to plan (relatively speaking) when we kept the number at 300+ guests. So I wouldn't get too hung up on worrying about how to help any group find a large enough venue. That wasn't an issue. It was a deliberate decision for Year 1.

Just a reminder: The limitation in size was not because of the hotel or any reason other than it was the first year. We purposely limited the number of participants to make the first year manageable and make sure it could be a good experience. It was a heck of a lot easier to plan (relatively speaking) when we kept the number at 300+ guests. So I wouldn't get too hung up on worrying about how to help any group find a large enough venue. That wasn't an issue. It was a deliberate decision for Year 1.

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for the insights and welcome back.

Regarding the idea of migrating the event to other parts of the country is that something that the TESLIVE management is seriously considering?

Larry

Agreed. If we want Tesla's continued active participation we shouldn't inconvience them by moving the venue too far from their corporate offices.

Not to mention participation from a broader base of the employees from design, sales, and manufacturing. Speaking of manufacturing, one of the big draws for me is getting a factory tour!

Having Napa and Sonoma nearby does not hurt, either... :wink:

I'm coming over with the whole family from Spain so a heads up on the dates would be superb. Just me going to TesLive mind you (kids are doing summer coding camps and my wife will be doing medical research).

BTW If anyone in the Bay Area wants to do a Model S swap with us for those two weeks around TesLive you would have a P85+ and/or Roadster to cruise around Spain plus our home(s) to stay in :)

I'm sure the Bay Area and LA have the highest concentration of Model S drivers, so there's no point moving the venue outside of California only to make more people travel.

While I love coming to California (have family in the LA area) a lot of annual conferences move around year over year. One big work one I attend each year moves from Orlando to San Antonio to San Diego and back. One might even argue having it in an area with lower owner penetration might be useful in raising awareness.

It should clearly be in California close to the factory. No doubt.

I'd still like to see a (some) satellite event(s). Hotel in a major city, conference room, and big screen with feeds from the presentations. Same presentations just a different place at the same time with different people. Less travel. More participation.

It should clearly be in California close to the factory. No doubt.

I have to disagree. I love coming to California, no question about that, but I think part of the purpose of TESLIVE should be raising awareness of the car and brand. In the Bay Area, you're kinda preaching to the choir. Having the media pick up on the show in another part of the country would be great. You also have to realize that Tesla has good people all over North America (and Europe now too, I suppose) so it doesn't have to be just about the Fremont folks participating. Moving it around would also allow some folks who may not otherwise attend to come when it's closer to their home as well. Just my 2-cents :smile:

Tempting offer. What are in Madrid is house #1? Where is house #2?

I'm coming over with the whole family from Spain so a heads up on the dates would be superb. Just me going to TesLive mind you (kids are doing summer coding camps and my wife will be doing medical research).

BTW If anyone in the Bay Area wants to do a Model S swap with us for those two weeks around TesLive you would have a P85+ and/or Roadster to cruise around Spain plus our home(s) to stay in :)

While I love coming to California (have family in the LA area) a lot of annual conferences move around year over year. One big work one I attend each year moves from Orlando to San Antonio to San Diego and back. One might even argue having it in an area with lower owner penetration might be useful in raising awareness.

That's a good point, but a lot of attendees will want to drive to the event. I heard the drive after the event was a lot of fun.

That being said, the best location would be anywhere along the west coast supercharger corridor.

That's a great offer, except whoever took you up on it would miss TESLIVE. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good point, but a lot of attendees will want to drive to the event. I heard the drive after the event was a lot of fun.

That being said, the best location would be anywhere along the west coast supercharger corridor.

It would make even more sense if the location were near where the west coast network connects with the transcontinental network: so many owners are planning to drive in from points east.

While I loveI coming to California (have family in the LA area) a lot of annual conferences move around year over year. One big work one I attend each year moves from Orlando to San Antonio to San Diego and back. One might even argue having it in an area with lower owner penetration might be useful in raising awareness.

That would be DistribyTECH yes? I'll see you there then.

I think it should be held somewhere near Tesla offices so they can participate.