Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect 2015 - July 10-12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a head's up to all attendees planning to maybe do some driving around the SF Bay Area. There will be a major road closure that leads to/from the Golden Gate Bridge from the Thursday before TMC Connect through early Monday morning. They are completing the construction and connection of a piece of highway 101 called Doyle Drive. Stay away from the area--it will be a mess. Look at some maps, Google, etc and plan your 'extracurricular events' accordingly.

Mods--please place/copy/move this as appropriate.

Hey, how many people are attending this thing? Would there be sufficient interest to organize a 2-3 hour scenic drive to show off some of the most beautiful curvy roads of the Bay Area (Skyline 35/84 Pecadero/1)? Safe driving will be strictly enforced.

I could organize something for after Sunday brunch.

- K

Hey, how many people are attending this thing? Would there be sufficient interest to organize a 2-3 hour scenic drive to show off some of the most beautiful curvy roads of the Bay Area (Skyline 35/84 Pecadero/1)? Safe driving will be strictly enforced.

- K
As long as it doesn't compete with Bonnie's Picnic, a number of us are likely interested. :)

- K

As long as it doesn't compete with Bonnie's Picnic, a number of us are likely interested. :)
Last year we did a Friday morning drive down the coast. So that's an option. After Sunday's breakfast there's not a lot of extra time to travel to Bonnie's. I actually will likely go early if Bonnie needs help with any last minute things.

All caught up with everyone's posts. After missing the last two years due to extended family vacations, this year we're (my wife and I) joining you guys at Teslive (err.. TMC Connect, the first name is catchier.)

Noticed the Blink CHAdeMO on Plugshare by the Hyatt, anyone know how reliable that one is? Also, on Plugshare noticed that there is an NRG eVgo at 2525 Tasman Drive (in the Santa Clara City Garage at Levi's Stadium) but the icon is Grey, anyone familiar with that one as well? Just lining up secondary and tertiary L3 since the nearest SC is at Mountain View (is that right, locals?) and though that looks like a 16 mile roundtrip, I would guess it could take an hour roundtrip, right?

So, how do I get that Red 15 circle? We would probably be interested in a nice long drive. [Thanks to @dsacks6 for adding the badge.]

Last edited:
Is there transportation to the Saturday night event? My driving partner just bailed on me so I'm going to have to fly from OR. I'd rather not rent a car. Thanks!
Nancy
20150619_101309.jpg

Will we receive an agenda of some sort prior to arrival? I have not been to one of these before so I know exactly nothing.

I'm guessing from various posts that getting rides to/from events, such as the factory tour and Tesla HQ will be either arranged or easy to come by. Is that true?
When will events begin? Is there to be much happening on Friday?
I second the question about dress codes too.

I will be setting out on my long trek from Rio de Janeiro to Santa Clara in a couple days time so any information would be very helpful.

I am excited!

We don't really have a dress code. Most people tend to wear what I'd call California business casual. For me that's slacks (or dark jeans) with a collared shirt, no tie.

The actual agenda with who's speaking when is still in flux. Basic schedule is here:
There's a rough schedule here: Schedule TMC Connect

On Friday, most people are doing their Factory tours. People check into the hotel, pick up their conference badge from us, check out the exhibits, and go to the reception.

Rides should be easy to come by. Lots of cars and stuff isn't too far away.

Would there be sufficient interest to organize a 2-3 hour scenic drive to show off some of the most beautiful curvy roads of the Bay Area (Skyline 35/84 Pecadero/1)?

I'd think so. I don't have the bandwidth to organize a drive myself. FYI, some folks have their Factory tours on Sunday. (I should have an email out with assigned tour slots hopefully by tonight.)