Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog TMC Connect: Bruno Bowden’s Model S Distance Record Story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbILx-MYmAg&t=1732s” video_title=”1″][vc_column_text]While Tesla’s top-of-the-line Model S 100D touts a range of 335 miles on a full charge, Bruno Bowden managed to pilot his 2013 Model S for a record 425.8 miles.

In his talk at TMC Connect 2014, Bowden served up the untold story of his Tesla Model S distance record. To achieve the record, Bowden held an average speed of 18 mph throughout the 24 hour trip. The record even earned a mention by Elon Musk at the TED2013 conference in Long Beach.

Bowden is currently an engineer at self-driving car startup Aurora Innovation Inc. He is also an Equity Partner at Data Collective Venture Capital and previously led engineering teams at Google on Enterprise Gmail and Google Earth.

We’ll have another great lineup of speakers at this year’s event on June 24 in Monterey, California. Registration is available here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice presentation. Thanks for posting.

1) I think I heard him mentioned Arvin Supercharger several times but there none in that city. Does he mean the one in Tejon Ranch, Lebec Supercharger which is 20 miles away?

2) He showed a map of potential future trip in Neveda but I don't think I saw one for the record 425.8 mile trip. Could it be around Arvin, Bakersfield and Tejon Ranch Supercharger?