Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Connect / REFUEL Attendee - help carbon pricing / CXC / Raffle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pollux

Supporting Member
Hi, Alan aka Pollux here. I had been hoping to go to TMC Connect this year (at last!) but find myself chained to my desk working through the last 13 days of the Climate XChange 2017 Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle.

In case anyone hasn't heard by now, we just came off a very successful hearing day at the MA State House on Tuesday, where the Telecommunications, Utilities and Energy (TUE) committee took public input on the two carbon pricing bills that are pending before the committee. We think that those bills will be merged together to form a "committee bill" that can proceed to a floor vote later this session... so that Massachusetts can become the first state in the nation to put a price on carbon pollution (and rebate the proceeds to all the households and businesses in MA).

As for TMC Connect / REFUEL... since I decided I needed to stay here... is there anyone going who would be willing to hand out postcards about Climate XChange and its raffle (1 Grand Prize Tesla @ $120K + $40K federal tax payment, 2nd and 3rd prizes are cash and help acquiring early Model 3s, 4th-6th are cash)? Maybe even talk a little bit about carbon pricing if asked? In other words, try to represent the two big goals of the raffle, i.e., (1) build support for carbon pricing and specifically for the effort in MA as well as (2) help us raise funds so CXC can continue pressing forward.

We already have one kind soul who is going to do this and she will bring extra postcards with her. If someone else volunteers, I'll point you at her to connect up at the event.

Thanks,
Alan

P.S. This is strictly a volunteer thing. We can't pay you, not even a little bit, no commission, zip, zero, bupkus. Per our best understanding of Massachusetts General Laws Part IV Title I Chapter 271 Section 7A and Massachusetts Attorney General regulation 940 CMR 12.00-12.06.

A pic from Tuesday's hearing. A lot of people gave up their time Tuesday afternoon to come out to support carbon pricing and in some cases also to testify. People filled up the Gardner Auditorium, the largest hearing room in the State House. We're guessing 300+, maybe more than that. Lots and lots of people and organizations testified in favor of the carbon pricing bills. And then there were representatives from some, er, "other interests"....

IMG_2590.jpg

Hi all, thanks to all who participated in or otherwise supported Climate XChange's raffle last year.

@Pollux and I are now actively planning for our 2018 Carbon Pricing Awareness Raffle, to be launched in September with a year-end (actually an hour or so into 2019) drawing. I will create a new thread soon and link from here. Stay tuned.

And thanks in advance for your support this year!

Peter