Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Forum in German language?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Motors continues its success and will open a store in munich, germany and zurich, switzerland, basically right next to my door.

Although there are many attempts to establish green business in europe, there is an already large history of green politics - there is no well known public association to promote electric cars and electric transportation. There is no platform to promote electric car races or things like that. I'm a big Tesla fan and would like to offer my help and active participation to build a german section of the TMC, also as a moderator.

How do you think of my idea? Do you think a bilingual forum could work? Or would it be too complicated for the users? Would it be a big issue to program it?

:smile:

FYI, I just changed my user name from felixpius to this new one. I think I've got to quit my second name for some negative association to some dubious names out of our history and some strange contemporary uses of this name.

FYI, I just changed my user name from felixpius to this new one. I think I've got to quit my second name for some negative association to some dubious names out of our history and some strange contemporary uses of this name.

If you were trying to avoid associations, "Felix the Cat" isn't very generic.

MiEV driver?
533311852_9c495b6059.jpg

Car dealer?
felixsign.jpg

Last edited:
@TEG

How did you figure it out - I just sold my Chevrolet dealership - for the money received I'm buying now an electric I-Miev!

Now who would decide inside the TMC, about such an extension? Would there be a button to switch to the german section? Or would there be even another URL teslamotorsclub.de or teslamotorsclub.ch?

I've followed a german forum about cars - the loremo-forum - during one year. As I saw, it's essential to maintain a civilised communication, to keep the discussion mainly on topic and to steadily build up the number of participants. An openminded but sometimes also strict moderation is crucial - as I see it.

Hoping for a response from doug

Mein Deutsch ist sehr rustig.

On one hand, I worry that multiple languages will fragment the readership as people take their discussion out of the English forum to languages in which they are more comfortable.

On the other hand, the people who cannot now participate because their English is not good enough may very well generate unique comments that will filter over through the bilingual readers to this one, enriching our discussions.

On the gripping hand, if there is enough interest in Tesla Motors to start a discussion group in languages other than English, they will happen somewhere. If it's not too much trouble they might as well start here, where the cross pollination effect may be more likely.

Last edited:
Might be a good idea. Not sure about the implementation yet. No one has much free time these days, so it will probably have to wait a bit. Bunch of other things on the to-do list.

By the way, this is my favorite Felix the Cat reference:

It's at 0:45 on the second video.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the beginning:
post #1
post #2
post #3
post #4
post #5

Dsacks6 primed his forum with some provocative questions that got people to sign up and start responding.

It was a bit different back then in that the Roadster was a bit more mysterious and an unknown / unproven entity that warranted more speculation.

Some of us felt compelled to respond because we were curious and also thought we might have an idea or two that the company might actually find useful.

Last edited:
I think if we set up some sub-forums clearly marked deutsche, français etc, people will find them when they search. We could put a little flag link on the homepage to make it obvious.

If we can get it done before the Munich and Monaco store openings, then any TMC regulars in attendance can spread the word there too.

"Dsacks6 primed his forum with some provocative questions that got people to sign up and start responding"

This is a good starting point. There were some quite basic, simple, interesting, but not too provocative questions as a starting point. This doesn't seem too difficult. Also there are often possibilities to link to our page, out of existing forums.