Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Forum is not S E X Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S X 3 Y does not follow the Tesla standard sort order ;-)

Clipboard01.jpg

We've tended to put them in order of release. Would being "SEXY" really make everyone happy?
Nothing will make everyone happy :) Release order will eventually become complex as more models are introduced, so at some point the order will likely be type->release_date. That won't be needed for a few years though. In the meantime it really doesn't matter S3XY, TR,RII is as good an order as any.

Reactions: Ulmo
I would be happy if there was a forum that was for Tesla Firmware Updates (all models).
So much redundancy created by separate forums.

But all models do not get all firmware features, so that doesnt make sense. It almost always makes more sense for anything related to car features to keep that in the section for the specific model family.

As for the topic of the thread, I agree that nothing will make everyone happy. Some people would like it saying "Sexy" and others would think its either infantile, or even maybe offensive. The forum needs to cater to not only enthusiastic tesla people (like many / most here now), but also the "regular" person.

I believe TMC might be one of the largest tesla forums right now? Any decision like this would need to be thought out, in the manner of "what would this look like if this was picked up by national media"? for example.

I would recommend picking SOME time of easily explainable order for the forums. Release of model order, type order something.. Dont just order them on the tesla inside joke whim. Too hard to actually explain that if one has to.

But all models do not get all firmware features, so that doesnt make sense. It almost always makes more sense for anything related to car features to keep that in the section for the specific model family.
This is old school thinking.
That would make sense if we were talking about a Chevy Impala and a Corvette.
A Tesla is more like an iPhone and firmware is more like iOS. I have a Model S and a Model 3. The OS is basically the same. Often the same version number.
Yes my Model S has a heated steering wheel and air suspension which the Model 3 does not, Not every Model S has these features either.
Perhaps a better forum name would be “Tesla OS”
I am not suggesting eliminating Model specific forums which discuss interior & exterior features...Wheels, Tires...Seats, floor mats...

Some people would like it saying "Sexy" and others would think its either infantile, or even maybe offensive. The forum needs to cater to not only enthusiastic tesla people (like many / most here now), but also the "regular" person.

All the more reason to re-order the forums as S3XY. That's the way Elon wanted it. This world is full of whiny crybabies, who have nothing better to do with their lives than look for something to get all butthurt about. Don't cave to the whiners who will always find a reason to be offended!

Over at redspinoff.net, they have no such concerns. :cool:

As for the topic of the thread, I agree that nothing will make everyone happy. Some people would like it saying "Sexy" and others would think its either infantile, or even maybe offensive. The forum needs to cater to not only enthusiastic tesla people (like many / most here now), but also the "regular" person.

I believe TMC might be one of the largest tesla forums right now? Any decision like this would need to be thought out, in the manner of "what would this look like if this was picked up by national media"? for example.

I would recommend picking SOME time of easily explainable order for the forums. Release of model order, type order something.. Dont just order them on the tesla inside joke whim. Too hard to actually explain that if one has to.

I think we’ll be ok, anyone offended by s3xy things wouldn’t come near anything Tesla related.

This may, however, be a concern on the Chevy Bolt forum.