Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Valid point, I think you'd only get a refund rather than the car if you went through legal action and it would probably be pretty costly!
This is a million miles away from legal action. Putting it into perspective I have only lost half a day of my time. Arguably it's not their fault I have sold my car, that's my own fault for jumping the gun because I had a good offer. Currently, it's sat on my driveway and I could cancel the sale and probably lose out on a few hundred pounds (equivalent to hire car costs). That's not my biggest gripe either which is intangible. You cant place a value on being pissed off and Tesla would just refund me an wave goodbye without pause.

This is a million miles away from legal action. Putting it into perspective I have only lost half a day of my time. Arguably it's not their fault I have sold my car, that's my own fault for jumping the gun because I had a good offer. Currently, it's sat on my driveway and I could cancel the sale and probably lose out on a few hundred pounds (equivalent to hire car costs). That's not my biggest gripe either which is intangible. You cant place a value on being pissed off and Tesla would just refund me an wave goodbye without pause.

Have you asked if they can give you a loaner? Failing that you could find a cheaper banger for a few hundred to tide you over? Not ideal by any means but a possible option?

Have you asked if they can give you a loaner? Failing that you could find a cheaper banger for a few hundred to tide you over? Not ideal by any means but a possible option?
Hi @m3gt2 Yes, I asked for a loaner or hire car which was when the little **** started quoting T&Cs at me. I was being polite until that point which is when I went into full lecture mode about logistics. I should have asked him how he would feel if I took £11k of his hard-earned cash, promising he could get what he paid for if he came to my place tomorrow only to say I had no idea where it is, when he should come back or to go home and wait with no further communication?

Sorry, still feeling like ranting. I need to leave this alone for a week and get on with my life.

I could get an old banger, but for me, it would add more stress. Better to hire a car for a few days. I'm on business next week so I can charge it to expenses anyway. Thanks for the ideas though. When things like this happen, all you really want if for someone to show an interest with some sympathy. One thing I am absolutely 100% certain about is that nobody at Tesla gives a flying **** about what happened to me yesterday at their behest.

Hi @m3gt2 When things like this happen, all you really want if for someone to show an interest with some sympathy. .

I don't work for Tesla, own their stock or have anything to do with them professionally - BUT you have my utmost sympathy here. Reversing the situation that you turned up for the car, didn't have the £11k, didn't know where it was or when you'd have it, they would let you drive off.

I don't work for Tesla, own their stock or have anything to do with them professionally - BUT you have my utmost sympathy here. Reversing the situation that you turned up for the car, didn't have the £11k, didn't know where it was or when you'd have it, they would let you drive off.
Thanks @AndrewR Yes, they should have transferred £9k back into my account, good point. They promised to update me yesterday afternoon. It's now 10am the following day and I have heard nothing.

Once dust has settled, hopefully there will be some goodwill offered.

But if you still not happy, I stand by my comment, and you probably have professional advice on your insurance. These things often leave a sour taste in the mouth that eat away slowly turning what should be a good experience into a bad one - and f anyone who comes and says don't worry once you get the car it will be all great. Thats not the point. You have entered into a contract and anything verbally said forms part of that - imho you are within your rights to expect redress for lost time, money and loss of enjoyment. Sounds pretty clear cut that you were promised a car on xxx, you spent time and money to get said car, but through lack of care, Tesla breached that part of the contract.

Reactions: RjbT3 and Roy W.
Really sorry to hear how you've been treated. Even if the staff do not have the information or process in place (and of course that needs addressing) they absolutely should have every intention of showing empathy and ensuring you are respected as a valued customer. They don't need a computer for that.

Hope it is resolved fairly. Otherwise I say everyone on the spreadsheet signs an open letter on your behalf...

Edit - I'm (in theory) picking my car up from birm at 1/1.30 today. Just say if I can give anyone an earful or hard stare on your behalf ;)

Reactions: Yev000 and Roy W.
Thanks @Fraank for your kind words of support. If it goes from bad to worse that may be quite helpful! But let's hope they can figure out a way to get my car from Killingholme port where they are now saying it is stuck. No word of when it will be dispatched.

Good luck today, I hope your car is there when you arrive! Mind you, it's a lease and they seem to look after lease companies much better than individuals. More lucrative for them I guess. I am excited for you. Nice to hear when things go right for people. I bet you're excited!

Dave Travis was the guy who tried to send me away with his T&Cs ringing in my ear. I am sure he will be as nice as pie when things are going well for him. Give him your best glare if you can figure out who he is! :mad:;)

Send us a photo of you're shiny new MSM Model 3!! :D

That's so bad and should never happen, mistakes do happen but it's how you react that counts. In our business we always get given positive feedback but we also make the point that if we could do something better, we want to know so we can improve. I think that on the whole things have improved with Tesla but for some, totally unjustifiable reason, your problems haven't been addressed in any way, shape or form :( I just hope when your car finally turns up it will help realise that the wait and disappointments though that time have still been worth it. I've got everything crossed for you.

Reactions: Roy W. and RjbT3
Been reading this forum for a while now. I wasnt initially suppperrr excited about the Tesla. Just needed to replace my current car because of upcoming ULEZ rules in London. When I first started reading the posts I was super hyped and learned so so so much about the science behind Tesla and EVs in general. However now that I am seeing how bad comms have been I am getting anxious - self imposed by refreshing the pages every 5mins. All this can be fixed by a few developers exposing the already available data on a simple UI. Their car tech is amazing and the order pages are good but the pages after that (product-finalize) have so much potential to improve.

All this can be fixed by a few developers exposing the already available data on a simple UI..

Of course this may be a conscious decision not to expose this info, in case it's only provisional in the system and they need to change it later, they'll have disappointed customers... so maybe it's a case of better to say nothing officially then it gives them more flexibility until they're ready to firm up their plans to give you a car?

we seem to be in a fast-moving state of flux with deliveries. I'd probably be less upset if I heard nothing than if I was told a car was on its way then it wasn't...

Of course this may be a conscious decision not to expose this info, in case it's only provisional in the system and they need to change it later, they'll have disappointed customers... so maybe it's a case of better to say nothing officially then it gives them more flexibility until they're ready to firm up their plans to give you a car?

we seem to be in a fast-moving state of flux with deliveries. I'd probably be less upset if I heard nothing than if I was told a car was on its way then it wasn't...

Agree, better to tell people nothing when it's provisional information until it's been firmed up. Otherwise, you'll get even more frustration. I do agree communications are very poor, and the ability to track your order is nonexistent, my hope is this is something that will improve overtime with the volume of cars increasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.