Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get 65 matches for “vin” then you are searching unnecessary docs - probably search all. You just need the main one - can’t remember what it’s called off top of my head. If you search other documents you will find loads of irrelevant stuff and some which will be complete red herrings even being specific with 5yj3

If you get 65 matches for “vin” then you are searching unnecessary docs - probably search all. You just need the main one - can’t remember what it’s called off top of my head. If you search other documents you will find loads of irrelevant stuff and some which will be complete red herrings even being specific with 5yj3

view-source: www.tesla.com/en_GB/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNxxx is where I'm looking - and seeing no vin yet...

Ordered a White LR AWD black interior, aeros on 8 August. Originally received invoice with expected delivery date of 2 October. Because of EST loan, I neede a later invoice which now gave an EDD of 9 October. Got confirmation of my EST funds release today so called to see if my VIN remained valid (no vin in source code). I’m advised that it’s unlikely that I’ll get my car on 9 October. Things got a bit vague then and the chap didn’t think it would be as late as November. He did say that high UK demand was responsible. I was going to pay now but he said I could wait until 72 hours before my confirmed date. I know there’s a few of us in this position. The guy did acknowledge that.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Ahhhhhh, the worst has happened. Just starting to feel safe about my collection from Bham tomorrow when Tesla call to say transporter has got stuck in traffic so car is still at port. Now going to be Mon or Tues.
just spent 30 mins trying to reverse out my insurance changes. So annoying

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Like many others on here, my early July order (expected delivery August wtf) isn't materialising with the latest ship arrival. It would be nice if Tesla made up for the large out of pocket expenses of waiting for materially longer than the order process gave expectation for.

I missed a phone call from Tesla Edinburgh, they've never got back to me and never emailed me. Nothing in source code either. There seems to be some magic happening where people are jumping the queue.

Reactions: phillcom3
Like many others on here, my early July order (expected delivery August wtf) isn't materialising with the latest ship arrival. It would be nice if Tesla made up for the large out of pocket expenses of waiting for materially longer than the order process gave expectation for.

I missed a phone call from Tesla Edinburgh, they've never got back to me and never emailed me. Nothing in source code either. There seems to be some magic happening where people are jumping the queue.

Welcome to the forum

You'll read on other recent threads that you are not alone. There seems to have been an organised reallocation of previously assigned cars from "northern" customers (Edinburgh etc), to "Southern" (Heathrow, Dartford) customers. The working assumption is that for the quarter-end push (ending 30th Sept) cars have been diverted to delivery centres nearer the incoming ports on the south coast so more can be handed over and counted as sales before the 30th

• Love
Reactions: volts
Either of you reservation holders? Plan on ringing GBdelivery today to find out what's happening with mine LRWWD (18s) white/white and look to escalllate as no coms from them and email exchange was hopeless.
Ps. Have people found speaking to service centre (Stockport in my case) more helpful than GBdelivery?

Yes, I wasn't day 1, I was a couple of weeks after that, 12th April 2016 I think.

If you can I would strongly suggest you call in to the Stockport SC. That what I did and they were really good, couldn't be more helpful and by the end of that day they had matched me to vehicle.

Reactions: yak00
So after a frustrating wait, no VIN in source code, no calls or emails, I started making calls. The Delivery guys were no help, told me they couldn’t match me to anything and didn’t’t update my order when I asked to change wheels to try to speed things along. The people at the Sales centres are much more helpful. Having changed wheels from 19” sport to 18” Aeros, offering to change paint colour from blue to black and offering to pick up from anywhere in England, they have now matched me to my exact spec as long as I can pick it up from Heathrow next week and take a P- version at no extra cost. Bit of a no-brainier that one.
Time will tell if this works out but I think this supports the theory that there is a push to hand over cars as soon as possible and delivery centres in the south of the country are quicker to ship to.
Fingers x’d for next week.

Initial deposit - Jan 2019. Ordered 03 May 19. Order updated 20 Sep
Spec now is: P-, Blue, White Interior, FSD (cancelled July), 18” Aero Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.