TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TMC Forum UK Model 3 Order Summary Sheet

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by RjbT3, Jul 14, 2019.

1. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

Booyaka no probs , thanks for info and hope the car brings u years of pleasure !!

Is there eg a central reservations email or phone number where I might make progress tracking my order etc as I feel like I’m going backwards when I talk to Edinburgh !

• Love x 1
  2. Blairo

Blairo New Member

Going by this thread it seems like Edinburgh delivery is at the bottom end of the priority list :(

3. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

I should of gone for a Manchester pickup and then driven up to Stranraer from there !

4. booyaka76

booyaka76 Member

01628 450604 was the main number I got a couple of calls from. Claire I think was the girl in charge of the Edinburgh deliveres
    / appointments. She was superb at calling me back when she promised and arranging a sooner appointment etc

5. Blairo

Blairo New Member

I don't blame you @BelfastEV, I would probably be open to an alternative pick up if it meant a sooner delivery also.

I am quite concerned that I ordered my M3P+ at the end of July and they cannot give an indication of when it is likely to be delivered!

Initially told Aug/Sept so I went ahead and ordered... then SC said end of Sep... then said Sep/early Oct, car in transit... then now saying no idea...

Am I a joke to you Tesla ? Yikes :(

6. yak00

yak00 Member

I went Stockport and still waiting... Try further south.

7. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

Is it worth calling them then?

8. ivangr

ivangr Member

my delivery is next week. the difference i noticed is that boo and me have FSD on the order and belfast doesn’t. would make sense to prioritise the FSD ones as it will push up their end of quarter income.

9. BelfastEV

BelfastEV Member

Fair enough . I’m not too bothered if I be honest as I’m still waiting for the Rolec install I’ve arranged etc and it’s giving me more time to buy all the accessories and learn a bit more about Tesla. It’s more the frustration from an organisational point of view as I come from N Ireland and need to plan my getting of the car . Some weekends in October are out for me Such as the 12th (current car date is the 9th) and it will be Sod’s law I’m designated one of those pushing back my delivery again ! Next weekend to make the Q3 push would of suited me well !

10. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Member

Standard delivery experience :/

11. kevuwk

kevuwk Member

Logically I would have thought all cars were AP and then FSD is activated once the car is assigned to the customer for efficiency but appears that FSD is set from the factory

12. NorfolkMustard

I think this is correct - FSD is a fluid addition. All other things being equal: if you have two customers wanting the same hardware, one customer paying for FSD and one not, the car is going to have FSD on delivery day

13. booyaka76

booyaka76 Member

For the record - I don't have FSD......No interest in it

• Informative x 1
  14. interbear

interbear Member

If the spreadsheet is still getting updated I now have a VIN, a final invoice and delivery appointment scheduled for 29/9. Progress.

• Like x 2
  15. Blairo

Blairo New Member

What department do you guys think is best to contact for delivery estimate?

Online webchat and Customer Service hasn't exactly been too helpful on this front. I know it is a bit of a lottery, but throwing around random months or "impossible to tell" is not good enough months down the line from ordering.

16. yak00

yak00 Member

May have to do a 100 mile round trip to service centre to get a proper update and speak to someone the other end to actually do something rather than just read a script...and even then that's a lottery.

• Like x 1
  17. NeilM3

NeilM3 Member

Picked mine up from Heathrow yesterday, I was still half expecting something to get switched at the last moment, but no - the car was there. Red P3D+ drives incredibly, we had a great journey home.

I took a look at the VIN on the demo 3 they were letting everyone climb over, 409xxx, a really early one!

After our briefing the pickup experienced was very "optimised" to getting you out the door though, pair your phone, get ushered into the car, configure your drivers profile, put in drive, there's the door - enjoy!! I did have to say hang on as I hadn't even had a chance to walk around it at that point. Glad we did as we picked up a few issues that are going to need some paint work. Rather disappointing as I couldn't fault the other cars that were being handed over as I was comparing ours to the other ones.

Suprising number of thumbs ups and smiles on the way home!

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  18. volts

volts Member

interesting, I'm another Edinburgh LRAWD black/blue without FSD. Given FSD is a software update, it's a simple measure to increase revenue before 30 Sep by soft-updating cars.

19. ivangr

ivangr Member

spreadsheet is wrong then

20. booyaka76

booyaka76 Member

haven't even looked at the spreadsheet - indeed it is wrong.

Apologies if that information was incorrectly done by me earlier..

Anyway - picked up on 21st September for completeness. All good!

• Informative x 1