Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog TMC Garage: From the Roadster to the Model 3, Chad Schwitters Now Ready for a Tesla Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chad Schwitters (ChadS) has owned the entire Tesla lineup. His first two cars were a 2010 Roadster and a 2012 Signature Model S 85. His family now has a 2015 Model S P90DL, a 2017 Model X 100D, and a 2018 Model 3 Long Range.

Chad previously laid out his history with EVs in a TMC blog post Invisible Benefits of Electric Vehicles. He owned and loved a 2003 Toyota RAV4-EV, wanted another BEV, and the Roadster was the only PEV on the market.

“We completely dismissed it due to small size, waiting list, lack of local support, Tesla’s financial difficulties, and mostly price (my gas cars were all under $20k),” Chad said. “They even offered test drives near me in 2008, and I was free that day but did not go because I ‘knew’ I would never buy one. But after reading the Secret Master Plan, and looking carefully at the plans (or lack thereof) of other automakers, I decided that Tesla needed customers to realize their vision.”

Since becoming a Tesla owner, Chad, who lives in Issaquah, Wash., has enjoyed memorable drives such as a trip up Glacier Point Road in Yosemite National Park on a sunny September weekday in the Roadster.

Originals.jpg

Chad says the Model 3 is pretty close to what he’s always wanted as a daily driver, although he’s also interested in a smaller “hot hatch.” Considering the 2020 Roadster, Chad says it has nothing he needs, but “sounds like exactly the vehicle I want.”

It’s the potential of a Tesla pickup truck that has him most excited.

“That will likely displace more gasoline than any other vehicle, and do the most to address perceptions about EVs being ‘too small,'” he said. “And if we could get one with a small popup camper, my wife would stop complaining about the only gas vehicle she misses at all, which was an old camper van.”

Read more of Chad’s TMC blog posts here.

Last edited by a moderator: