Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC going down for maintenance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
We'll be going down for planned maintenance tonight 2016/3/12 at 8pm PST (2016/3/13 at 4am UTC).

If all goes well, we'll be back up by Monday morning. During most of the "down" period we'll have a read-only version of TMC up, so you should be able to browse but not post.

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up, doug!

Will there be any visual cues while read-only mode is active, or will it look the same but spit out error messages with attempts to write?
There should be some kind of notice at the top of the page. If I do it correctly, you won't be able to post. If it turns out you can, those posts will be lost when I bring the system back up.

Before the site us up as read only, it will be closed to browsing for about 15 minutes.

Good luck with the upgrade Doug, hope you get as little down-time as you're aiming for and that no old data gets lost or corrupted.

I believe there is actually quite some value to the entire content of TMC and would hate for any of it to get lost. Future generations may study us: What where the collective thoughts of those who where in the very early 0,001% of the world population in 2006 to 2016 who where interested in the things that, seen in retrospect, came to influence the world the most (in this case the advent of fully electric transport).

Good luck with the upgrade Doug, hope you get as little down-time as you're aiming for and that no old data gets lost or corrupted.

I believe there is actually quite some value to the entire content of TMC and would hate for any of it to get lost. Future generations may study us: What where the collective thoughts of those who where in the very early 0,001% of the world population in 2006 to 2016 who where interested in the things that, seen in retrospect, came to influence the world the most (in this case the advent of fully electric transport).

Or, use the TMC corpus as training material for our future robot overlords so they can identify psychopaths.

Can I be a member on Monday when the site come back up. This junior member stuff if so, so middle school. Asking for a friend. :wink:

Tell your *friend* that they'll stay a junior member until they figure out they can change the designation themselves, if they have enough posts (or until they've been here a long time). Totally up to them, of course, but I'd change it.