Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Group Think Often Wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What blows my mind is when Tesla was burning tons of cash and way behind on promises members of this board defended Tesla, I mean my posts complaining about Elon not keeping his promises never even got posted in many cases. Now that Tesla is working hard to keep its commitments it is like the dam has broken, we have a flood of complaints.

Let’s put these problems/achievements since 2016 or earlier in categories shall we?

Not Normal ~Pre 2018 Q3
Huge losses burning cash.
EAP being very late.
Selling FSD with no delivery date in sight.
Selling a $49k car that you indicated would be $35k
Giving away free power while you lose money.
Not looking like you can pay back money you have borrowered.
Giving clients a break on FSD for $2k
More twitter stupidity

Normal ~2018 Q3 Onward
Selling the car for the price you indicated.
Getting EAD out.
Changing pricing as necessary to move units.
Paying back a $920M bond on time.
Restructuring business as necessary.
Selling online only.
Making progress? On FSD
Charging for power.
Making profitability a priority.
Less twitter stupidity.

Now that Tesla resembles the 2nd list you whine and complain??? It’s like you only love your Tesla “GF” when she is insane! You may need counseling....if you prefer the not normal list.

My OA in bellevue screwed up one my orders when I was in Hawaii. I assume so the sale could be counted in their name. Never did get that in stock car. Changed my mind after 2 months of waiting.

Nobody is going to miss car salesman.

• Disagree
Reactions: Dan Detweiler
TMC is made up of many users with many different opinions. The membership has evolved significantly in the last year, as new owners receive their Model 3s. So it's not surprising that the "group think" has changed.

If you had posts that didn't make it to publication, it is very unlikely it had to do with criticism, as a simple search will show that there is a vast amount of criticism on this forum. It is more likely to do with tone and not following the Terms of Service here.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
What blows my mind is when Tesla was burning tons of cash and way behind on promises members of this board defended Tesla, I mean my posts complaining about Elon not keeping his promises never even got posted in many cases. Now that Tesla is working hard to keep its commitments it is like the dam has broken, we have a flood of complaints.

Let’s put these problems/achievements since 2016 or earlier in categories shall we?

Not Normal ~Pre 2018 Q3
Huge losses burning cash.
EAP being very late.
Selling FSD with no delivery date in sight.
Selling a $49k car that you indicated would be $35k
Giving away free power while you lose money.
Not looking like you can pay back money you have borrowered.
Giving clients a break on FSD for $2k
More twitter stupidity

Normal ~2018 Q3 Onward
Selling the car for the price you indicated.
Getting EAD out.
Changing pricing as necessary to move units.
Paying back a $920M bond on time.
Restructuring business as necessary.
Selling online only.
Making progress? On FSD
Charging for power.
Making profitability a priority.
Less twitter stupidity.

Now that Tesla resembles the 2nd list you whine and complain??? It’s like you only love your Tesla “GF” when she is insane! You may need counseling....if you prefer the not normal list.

My OA in bellevue screwed up one my orders when I was in Hawaii. I assume so the sale could be counted in their name. Never did get that in stock car. Changed my mind after 2 months of waiting.

Nobody is going to miss car salesman.
You know what? You completely lost me as soon as I saw you use the word "promise". To my knowledge, Elon has never promised ANYTHING. I have said this time and time again. If you assume he has then you immediately skew any numbers that you spout from that point forward. Estimates are not promises. Goals are not promises. Guidance is not a promise. He sets high expectations for his companies. Sometimes they meet those, sometimes they don't. Jesus people, how hard is this to get? It is obvious from you inability to determine between these very simple concepts that you are on the "short" end of the stick. Pun most definitely intended.

Dan