Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC has a VERY real problem with the Marketplace!

mrbulk

Sep 5, 2017
Las Vegas NV
Unsure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but I go to several other forums (some auto related but many not) and the For Sale ad sections for most of them are exactly that, a for-sale section with ads (like in the newspaper) meaning no public discussions or followup posts allowed. All questions and bartering are done privately.

And on some forums the ads can even be removed/amended/edited right up until point of sale. All the yelling and screaming occur in the background, out of sight, between the only two parties that actually matter. The rest of us would either just be proclaiming our own interpretations of it, or simply nosy.

So this way, everything's peaceful. What a concept...

Relax.png

Reactions: Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak

Sep 6, 2018
Colorado, USA
Yea it is Steve. No one said you had to sell here. You can, if you want. Or you can sell on eBay, or Craig’s List... Or Backpage. The world really is your oyster.

Oh cool, another post that demonstrates that you have no idea what the adults in the room are talking about. It's not about selling here. It's about the toxic nature of these posts and running off contributing members of the community that make this forum a beneficial place for users to be.

Instead, it ends up being far fewer members who all share the same mentality as you: screw everyone else, I'm a jerk because my parents didn't raise me right and, unlike my status in the real world, I get a false sense of superiority when I treat others like crap online behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

It's people like you who cause us to need rules in the first place. If people treated others with respect this sort of thing wouldn't be necessary to maintain civility.

qdeathstar

Completely Serious
May 17, 2019
VB
Oh cool, another post that demonstrates that you have no idea what the adults in the room are talking about. It's not about selling here. It's about the toxic nature of these posts and running off contributing members of the community that make this forum a beneficial place for users to be.

Look, bob, I don’t go into the seller forums to often. So it doesn’t bother me. If you decide to do that, that is up to you. If you sell on eBay you have to pay fees, Craigslist is full of scams, and backdoor is a meat market. On this forum you have to deal with assholes. It’s the way it is. Nut up. For all your talk the exit is right over there.

Instead, it ends up being far fewer members who all share the same mentality as you: screw everyone else, I'm a jerk because my parents didn't raise me right and, unlike my status in the real world, I get a false sense of superiority when I treat others like crap online behind the anonymity of a keyboard.

It's people like you who cause us to need rules in the first place. If people treated others with respect this sort of thing wouldn't be necessary to maintain civility.

There is a mirror needed between those two paragraphs, Jeffery. I would gladly talk crap to your face aswell, let’s FaceTime it out.

FlatSix911

Porsche 918 Hybrid
Jun 15, 2015
Silicon Valley

It's time to end this thread... life is not always going to be fair, so get over it and move on. ;)

1627754839724.png

• Love
Reactions: cucubits

cucubits

May 17, 2019
TX
I haven't been here in quite a while but I see nothing much changed. Ostrich dude is still very much the usual weekend warrior mall cop knight in dirty armor defending the honor of sellers overpricing their cars... funny.

Reactions: FlatSix911

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC