Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC House Exchange Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From an old post I remembered reading a side-comment of establishing some sort of House Exchange Program.
I immediately though of it as a great idea!

Therefore I would like to propose this as a real suggestion for those who would want to participate.

I created a Zeemap where you can register your house

With this privilege comes some rules (that would be up for community discussion and change thereafter)
- Both parties is required to give a "feel-like-home" access to their house.
- There must be a Tesla available for freely use.
- No rent is allowed.
- Anyone can choose to accept or refuse anyones offer to exchange.
- There should be a mechanism available were its easy for the exchangees to recieve access to home and car (PIN-code access or friendly neighbour who keeps the keys?).

I will be adding my house soon - as I wont be able to participate untill next year and our new house is still being built - no reason to put it out yet.

When adding your house you should include
- Picture of the house
- Picture of your Tesla
- Picture of you in front of said car and house with a piece of paper with your TMC user name visible.

Exhange program would be available for all countries. I can imagine going 3 weeks to the west or east coast of the states driving a Model S next year. Someone would probobly want to holiday with a Model S in Norway at the same time.

Have some great holidays people! I really hope this will grow into something nice.

Last edited:
CA - Japan House + Tesla Exchange

I'm interested in arranging a California & Japan exchange - I have a house write-up. - Jim -

From an old post I remembered reading a side-comment of establishing some sort of House Exchange Program.
I immediately though of it as a great idea!

Therefore I would like to propose this as a real suggestion for those who would want to participate.

I created a Zeemap where you can register your house

With this privilege comes some rules (that would be up for community discussion and change thereafter)
- Both parties is required to give a "feel-like-home" access to their house.
- There must be a Tesla available for freely use.
- No rent is allowed.
- Anyone can choose to accept or refuse anyones offer to exchange.
- There should be a mechanism available were its easy for the exchangees to recieve access to home and car (PIN-code access or friendly neighbour who keeps the keys?).

I will be adding my house soon - as I wont be able to participate untill next year and our new house is still being built - no reason to put it out yet.

When adding your house you should include
- Picture of the house
- Picture of your Tesla
- Picture of you in front of said car and house with a piece of paper with your TMC user name visible.

Exhange program would be available for all countries. I can imagine going 3 weeks to the west or east coast of the states driving a Model S next year. Someone would probobly want to holiday with a Model S in Norway at the same time.

Have some great holidays people! I really hope this will grow into something nice.

Several attempts have occurred of trying to create swaps. Let's hope this, with, your map program works - it is of extreme interest to Jenny and me.

We'll be adding our Arizona - most definitely not! our Alaska - house to this. And that means the Model S, not the Model X. Hope that doesn't cause too many heartaches. It would be available most of the time between April and September. The potential stumbling block for us is whether this program is set up to occur concurrently or not - concurrently would likely exclude us.

On edit: could get to "address" creation portion, but not to the "description of house". Need one be computer-savvy to participate in the exchange? ;)

Last edited: