Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Member Spots Tesla Model Y in the Wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cJ3KzuZ.jpg
I wouldn't say "only" lol. That's a lot bigger, approaching midsize SUV dimensions like Toyota Highlander.

It sure doesn't look THAT big next to the CR-V

View attachment 519765

It sure doesn't look THAT big next to the CR-V

Part of it is the perspective since the CR-V is closer to the camera, but part of it may also be the height. The CR-V is taller by 2 - 3 inches and is boxier. The height difference makes it seem bigger than it actually is in the photo.

Lots of people ask me if my 4Runner is difficult to handle because it's so "huge." It's the height that makes it look big. When I point out it's shorter than a Camry or Lexus RX, they are usually very surprised.

I sure hope the Performance models come with the Carbon Rear Spoiler from the get-go... unlike ‘last time’....
The white one a few posts above is a Performance (Uberturbine wheels) and no spoiler. There was another thread saying the spoiler is no longer listed as part of the performance upgrade pack on Tesla’s order page. I wonder if the spoiler will come at all on the production cars.

Getting harder to validate what is exactly is coming in the ‘performance’ considering.....

•Model3 recently had a $2000 upgrade for better/similar 0-60 to the Performance
•Pedals do nothing for performance
•Optional uberturbines reduce range (range is performance)
•Two afore mentioned are now ‘free’ as it’s labeled
•Top speed, which will likely never be used
•Lowered Suspension (springs) I could get for 1,200

So we are spending 10,000 for effectively what the Model3 got for 2,000 as it’s ‘offered’ now...

its funny, I never thought to look for panel gaps and alignments issues with any of my previous cars until I started reading up on Teslas. I briefly looked over my Jeep GC the other day and I noticed a bunch of things not aligned and panel gaps. Is this a common thing with all cars or are Teslas considered worse than the norm?

Model X has the worst gaps and alignment. I rarely see an X with perfect alignment near the falcon doors. These Ys have perfect looking alignment at the doors and trims (not even 1mm off), based on the pics.

Thats great news...wonder if they are getting better at this with more experience. Would also be great to find out if they also improved making it quieter in the cabin at highway speeds.

Getting harder to validate what is exactly is coming in the ‘performance’ considering.....

•Model3 recently had a $2000 upgrade for better/similar 0-60 to the Performance
•Pedals do nothing for performance
•Optional uberturbines reduce range (range is performance)
•Two afore mentioned are now ‘free’ as it’s labeled
•Top speed, which will likely never be used
•Lowered Suspension (springs) I could get for 1,200

So we are spending 10,000 for effectively what the Model3 got for 2,000 as it’s ‘offered’ now...
I (along with many others, I’m sure) would prefer a “Goldilocks” performance package option that gives me the 20” induction wheels for better range and less likelihood of damage, spoiler, and the better brakes and suspension. Maybe in time once the initial rush is done.

Confirmation over the phone via a Sales Rep in Vegas that Carbon Rear Spoiler is still part of the Performance Package for all ModelY... “Wether it’s delivered with it installed is unclear”

they phoned me after sending a text enquiring about this little detail today.