Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC reorganization (TE, TR, TS, PW)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderators,

This happened:

It's a bit too far off topic to discuss this much further here, but if you're interested, turn over those concepts in your minds and envision how they pertain to solar roofing, to roof longevity in general, and to why anyone would be wacko enough to choose to live where temperatures regularly drop into the minus 50s..... ;)
Are you sure it's off topic? We should ask the moderator.

Well, I guess that went fast, since that's you.

---

So, I see there is a TM MS, MX, M3 and Roadster forum.

Now, we should think about a TE PW, Roofing and Retro forums.

That way, those topics don't get shoved under TE, despite being different.

What to name it? You're the moderators, but I'd tend to start with a nomenclature that makes sense, then adjust when Tesla names it officially:
  • Tesla Energy
    • Tesla Roof Shingles
    • Tesla Retrofit Solar Panels
    • PowerWall
      • PowerWall 1
      • PowerWall 2
    • PowerPack
  • Tesla Transport
    • Roadster
    • Model S
    • Model X
    • Model 3
    • Model Y
    • Network for rides
    • Truck (commercial cargo)
      • Semi tractor (for pulling trailers)
      • Trailer
      • Straight truck
      • Equipment hosting truck
      • Bus
    • Tractor (construction, farms)
      • Construction
      • Farms
  • SpaceX
    • Earth
      • Earth Communications Network
    • Mars
    • Extraterrestrial launches besides Mars
I don't know what you're going to do, but now is the time to do it, in my mind.

Last edited:
Side nits:

Tesla Transport should be Tesla Motors, I just realized.

And, I forgot OpenAI, as another top level possibility.

Designating truck as "commercial" is poor, but it needs a descriptor that means it's not pickup/SUV. In Puerto Rico they called it something like Vehiculos Pesados, or heavy vehicle, so there's some ideas. But that's inaccurate for the future of trucking, since most of it will be smaller self-driven units that fit in your work area (stack produce on shelf, inventory, etc.) that self-connect into trains on highways, so they won't necessarily be individually heavy.

I put everything related to current and future projects of Elon on the list that I could remember. There are likely missing items, and items (missing or not) that TMC owners do not wish to host.

Just a side note.. Acronyms Seriously Suck. (ASS).

Take it from Elon himeslf: Acronyms Seriously Suck (ASS Rule) May 2010 email from Elon Musk to All@spacex…
That's a great email. Elon is definitely a great communicator. Today I watched him live in the cold extremely brightly lit shareholder's meeting full of the entire investor's world, renewables world, his bosses in a sense, his board, and his customers, competitors, ambassadors, politicians, the whole world, and he came across verbally accurate as fast as I might think of something. I know the issues of which he speaks quite accurately, and he never got so much as an inflection of a syllable even partially inaccurate, and he dealt with a lot of issues. During Q&A, he read the questions in real time, and he read the entire questions accurately (often 10-15 word sentences) in only a small faction of a second (50ms-200ms), then went on to answer them to this whole world with confidence. That's stunning.

But my version of this is saying that names of concepts back in the 1990s were usually inaccurate and harmful (none of which were acronyms). I couldn't wait until that garbage stopped. Now that many children know most these concepts, they resist poor naming as they get older, and tend to assign good names to things once they've matured into creation roles, so thankfully that problem has gone away.

Twitter has its own force of acronym creation, but I suspect my error was from this:

The reason acronyms are used on some forums is to intentionally create a monopoly of information and understanding, for advantage, such as on the investing threads, where many are actually competing for money. I was coming directly from one of those forums when I posted here, so I incorrectly stayed in that state of mind, and I apologize. I always suspected similar information monopolies were being done back with those awful names I used to complain about. (Microsoft was particularly bad, which aways miffed me, since they were relatively public with their information, so no need to be obfuscating).