TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TMC security error message when I try to post a .PNG file, no problem posting .JPEG

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by ecarfan, Sep 26, 2019.

1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Thread title says it all.

“Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.”

This started happening for me yesterday afternoon, in multiple forums.

Just tried to attach a screen capture of the error message, it’s a .PNG file. This time I did not get the security error message and the screen capture looks like it will properly display in this post. But a few minutes ago I could not post a screen capture in the SpaceX forum.

0056B92A-38A7-4F99-9CCC-3B3608A8774D.png

2. ecarfan

Just tried to post a .PNF file (screen capture from my iPad) in the SpaceX forum and was not able to, got the same security error message. Weird.

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#3 doug, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Slide2.PNG

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

managed to post a png file

5. ecarfan

I just tried again to post a .PNG file in a SpaceX forum thread and got the security error.

And then I tried to post the same file in this thread and got the security error.

I guess it’s just me. :confused:

6. ecarfan

I made a screen capture of the security error message I got just now trying to post that .PNG file in this thread and I was able to post it here. So the problem I am seeing is inconsistent.

43EFEA42-A735-4E13-B462-DE8C38BCCF55.png

7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight No Roads

Is it always the same file that's doing it? There's probably a stream of characters/bytes in the encoded JPG file that's tripping the security page. Try converting the image to PNG or just resize it (smaller) and that should remove the coincidental string of offending bytes.