Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC security error message when I try to post a .PNG file, no problem posting .JPEG

ecarfan

Sep 21, 2013
West Vancouver, British Columbia
Thread title says it all.

“Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.”

This started happening for me yesterday afternoon, in multiple forums.

Just tried to attach a screen capture of the error message, it’s a .PNG file. This time I did not get the security error message and the screen capture looks like it will properly display in this post. But a few minutes ago I could not post a screen capture in the SpaceX forum.

0056B92A-38A7-4F99-9CCC-3B3608A8774D.png

HankLloydRight

No Roads
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2014
Connecticut
Is it always the same file that's doing it? There's probably a stream of characters/bytes in the encoded JPG file that's tripping the security page. Try converting the image to PNG or just resize it (smaller) and that should remove the coincidental string of offending bytes.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC