Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Whatsapp group - for launch and general chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys - as alluded to on the main thread, thought it would be a good idea to start a whatsapp group so that we can meet up at the launch.

So please PM me your mobiles and I will add you to the group.

For those who aren't familiar with whatsapp:

1. Go to Google Play / iTunes / Windows Store
2. Search Whatsapp
3. Download app
4. Complete set up

And that's it :)

When you give access to contacts, do you then allow Whatapp to "steal" all those contacts? I would dread the powers that could give them - it could potentially be a spam email/SMS database for maybe a third of half of all mobile phone users!

Anyway, Whatsapp is widely used in HK. Our group is so popular now we have split it in two: A more general chat group (the original one), and a new "urgent" group, for charger issues, traffic and more short/important messages.

At some stage you might have to do the same.

In Hong Kong, several whatsapp groups, LINE chat and a closed Facebook group have evolved. It's great that the community has spread out to more media, but the downside is that where TMC/HK forums used to be the focus of what was going on, one now have to track many different apps/sites to get the latest news.

Whatsapp is great for more urgent and fluctuating issues like charging spots blocked, how long line at the supercharger and such, but because of it's ease of use on mobile devices, even more in-depth discussions like styling, wrapping, charging standards and much more, is being discussed.

It's harder to track and find that information again, so it's a bit sad the TMC forums have died down so much.

I suggest you avoid the same trap: Be sure to "police" your chat groups to make subjects that are worth keeping for later reference, are directed to the forums.

Having said all that I would like to point out a feature of Whatsapp that allows you to email the entire history of the chat - for instance to yourself. You can then use a text editor and it's search function to look for certain subjects. Just click the header of the Whatsapp group, go down to the bottom and find Email chat.

Hong Kong now presumably have 1,000+ Model S on the streets, how is it going for Australia - any guess of sales figures?

Hi guys with all the AWD deliveries that will be happening over the next couple of months I thought I'd give this a bump for new forum members and Tesla owners.

We have a nice group on Whatsapp talking about all kinds of stuff related to Tesla - so send me a PM if you want in :)