Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMPS flashing on startup (??new since 17.24.28)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just noticed that my TPMS light flashes on startup. I have never noticed this before I upgraded to 17.24.28. That's not to say that it has always been like that and I am just being a numpty. But it seems to have caught my attention. And I think the startup chimes are different. I could be imagining all this.

The TPMS seems to be working normally: no readings until you drive for a few minutes and then the pressures get reported.

My car: Model S 90D AP1 RHD

Can you folks have a look at the attached video and let me know if your cars do the same....just to make sure I'm not going crazy?

Dropbox - Tesla TPMS.mp4

Cheers, Marty.

Sorry for the typo in the heading (TMPS should be TPMS). Can't edit the heading.

Same here, also checked the tire status, it was fine after I started driving.

I speculate that Tesla now has a flashing TPMS message when the car can not connect to the TPMS sensors. And instead of adding that in the release notes, they just slid the code in, didn't test it and released it.

Now, when the car starts after not driving in a while, the TPMS sensor flashes. I want to try it after I just drove the car to verify the theory, but I keep forgetting...

I had a punctured tire replaced the day before the upgrade to 17.24.28 and thought that the sensor got messed up in the process. Pressure readings were fine. Even performed a TPMS Reset to no avail, and was about to make a trip to the service center to seek a solution.

So much for the release notes (or the user manual)... TMC to the rescue :)