TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

TMPS flashing on startup (??new since 17.24.28)

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by MMinehan, Jun 23, 2017.

1. MMinehan

MMinehan Member

I've just noticed that my TPMS light flashes on startup. I have never noticed this before I upgraded to 17.24.28. That's not to say that it has always been like that and I am just being a numpty. But it seems to have caught my attention. And I think the startup chimes are different. I could be imagining all this.

The TPMS seems to be working normally: no readings until you drive for a few minutes and then the pressures get reported.

My car: Model S 90D AP1 RHD

Can you folks have a look at the attached video and let me know if your cars do the same....just to make sure I'm not going crazy?

Dropbox - Tesla TPMS.mp4

Cheers, Marty.

Sorry for the typo in the heading (TMPS should be TPMS). Can't edit the heading.

2. ericwol

ericwol Member

I have seen the same thing after upgrading 17.24.28. No error message from it, but I did pause to look at this, and then forced me to look at the tire pressure screen.

3. MMinehan

MMinehan Member

Thanks for the reply Eric, and confirming I am not imagining things. The rapid flashing is something you would expect from an error condition. I wonder what the purpose of the change is. I might visit the service center.
    Marty

4. Skysurfer

Skysurfer Member

I just noticed this today as well after the update. Everything is fine, it just seems to flash for a few seconds on startup, almost like it is waiting for the system to initalize.

5. Max*

Max* Banned

Same here, also checked the tire status, it was fine after I started driving.

I speculate that Tesla now has a flashing TPMS message when the car can not connect to the TPMS sensors. And instead of adding that in the release notes, they just slid the code in, didn't test it and released it.

Now, when the car starts after not driving in a while, the TPMS sensor flashes. I want to try it after I just drove the car to verify the theory, but I keep forgetting...

6. MMinehan

MMinehan Member

I just downloaded 17.24.30 and the TPMS flashing is still there.

7. EVCarGUy

EVCarGUy Member

Yes, new after .28 for me, too. 2015 March S 85D

8. vdiv

vdiv Chief Grump

I had a punctured tire replaced the day before the upgrade to 17.24.28 and thought that the sensor got messed up in the process. Pressure readings were fine. Even performed a TPMS Reset to no avail, and was about to make a trip to the service center to seek a solution.

So much for the release notes (or the user manual)... TMC to the rescue :)