Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMPS not updating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have issues with the TPMS reading the wrong tires? Noticed when I received a low pressure warning. Front Passenger side sensor read low but when I checked it was actually the back passenger side tire. Ran an experiment with the drivers side and it is reading correctly. Performed the tire update under “Service - “Wheel & Tire Configuration” to try and get TPMS to refresh but still reading the wrong tire after doing that a few times, along with the old power cycle. Any suggestions? 2022 MYLR

Three weeks after a tire rotation, mine still hadn't reset. Yes, I'd tried restarting and driving two minutes above 15 MPH, among other things. No dice. So when I brought the car into Tesla Service for something else, I asked about this.

Turns out they have a "re-learn tool" that will fix it. I assume the tool plugs into the wiring harness behind the center console, because my second row seats and and floor mats were moved around (Tesla Service always leaves a mess; seems like a requirement...) and since then the pressures have been displayed correctly.

Three weeks after a tire rotation, mine still hadn't reset. Yes, I'd tried restarting and driving two minutes above 15 MPH, among other things. No dice. So when I brought the car into Tesla Service for something else, I asked about this.

Turns out they have a "re-learn tool" that will fix it. I assume the tool plugs into the wiring harness behind the center console, because my second row seats and and floor mats were moved around (Tesla Service always leaves a mess; seems like a requirement...) and since then the pressures have been displayed correctly.
Are you not able to reset it thru the Infotainment screen? This functionality was added on software version 2022.40.1.

2022.40.1 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

1677099805363.png

Reactions: Nightdown_fox