Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMZ caught Elon in Cybertruck last night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out the lean in that video when it makes the turn!
had to go back and watch. wtf? why would it lean that much, he wasn't going very fast
ttt1.jpg
ttt2.jpg
ttt3.jpg

Could be that just the air suspension isn't stiff enough to keep support the weight on cornering. They may have to put heavier duty bags under it and a combo of rear leafs and air in the rear and some sort of heavy duty coil or torsion spring up front. Or the truck is just too heavy to support the type of suspension they are using.

it's unlikely they had the production suspension on the truck. I read somewhere they used the MX setup for the prototype on show which would be this vehicle. It will also have adaptive damping, so I'm hoping they'll have very similar driving characteristics regardless of the drive height.

You'd have thought he could afford the FSD option... :p

I'm hopeful he doesn't like the long wheelbase and shortens it and/or adds a bit of rear steering so it tracks the front wheels more. Wouldn't be hard, and would also be awesome to see working as crab steering for lane changes and offroad.

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
You'd have thought he could afford the FSD option... :p

I'm hopeful he doesn't like the long wheelbase and shortens it and/or adds a bit of rear steering so it tracks the front wheels more. Wouldn't be hard, and would also be awesome to see working as crab steering for lane changes and offroad.

Nothing needs to be changed. It's a truck. This is what it's like to drive a truck. Can't cut corners. It's not a car. Elon is demonstrating what is going to happen when non-truck drivers get their hands on a Cybertruck. Some -stuff- is going to get -stuffed- up. It's kinda scary that people who don't own trucks will be on the roads with this 20ft long huge powerful machine.

I don't have a problem driving "trucks", from "utes" which is what this thing is, to road trains that are 120ft and 115t.

That doesn't mean everyone else can drive the same, let alone proficiently or safely. So some aids should be incorporated. At least a side monitor like the vans have to let you know you won't make the corner. That would just be software no hardware required.

The thing is that with the CT being so cheap as a EV we can expect a lot more of them being driven than the small hatchbacks most drivers are in now. They need as much help as they can get IMHO.

Nothing needs to be changed. It's a truck. This is what it's like to drive a truck. Can't cut corners. It's not a car. Elon is demonstrating what is going to happen when non-truck drivers get their hands on a Cybertruck. Some -stuff- is going to get -stuffed- up. It's kinda scary that people who don't own trucks will be on the roads with this 20ft long huge powerful machine.
I owned a Ford E-250 cargo van, around 19 feet long. That was my first truck. Didn't take long to get used to driving it safely. But yeah, some folks are gonna screw up. Overconfidence in a large vehicle new to you can be a problem.