Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To all small business owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know that

What i do know is a $100,000 expenditure for a physician to buy a company vehicle is odd

You still have to pay for car - All you save is your tax rate. Maybe $28k savings (if 100% used by business) and open yourself up to getting audited and paying the money back you stole + fines + possible prison time

you make the call

Hello everyone, I wanted to get an opinion. I am a physician, own my own business, and debating between the model 3 or model s. I have a 5 mile drive to work every day. The model 3 is cheaper but I like the S for its looks and range.

This car will be my daily driver but worried about the perception of my patients and employees with a Tesla S. I drive a beater car so no worries about patient saying "he is rich, lets sue" or employees saying , "He must be doing good, I need to ask for raise". Do you think employees know value of Model S or should I just get a 3 and have less worries about it?
I would get what you really want. If your goal is to please others you will always fail. For me the S is too big and awkward to park. I really like the 3 and it’s efficiency.

Reactions: Destiny1701
Hello everyone, I wanted to get an opinion. I am a physician, own my own business, and debating between the model 3 or model s. I have a 5 mile drive to work every day. The model 3 is cheaper but I like the S for its looks and range.

This car will be my daily driver but worried about the perception of my patients and employees with a Tesla S. I drive a beater car so no worries about patient saying "he is rich, lets sue" or employees saying , "He must be doing good, I need to ask for raise". Do you think employees know value of Model S or should I just get a 3 and have less worries about it?

I think you're worrying too much.

I mean hell, my doctor drives a 911 GT3, and I assume he affords it because he's a good doctor. I don't give it any thought beyond that. You went to school for a billion years and earned yourself a car that you enjoy, who cares what others think.

To that point, get a S. It's the better car. Period.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I think you're worrying too much.

I mean hell, my doctor drives a 911 GT3, and I assume he affords it because he's a good doctor. I don't give it any thought beyond that. You went to school for a billion years and earned yourself a car that you enjoy, who cares what others think.

To that point, get a S. It's the better car. Period.
I have VA healthcare. At a recent visit, I spoke with a doctor in residency. I asked how long he'd be in residency status, he said two more years. "Man, you must love the idea of being a physician to put up with endless schooling and endless practicing to be in practice. I would never have the patience for that." So, to all doctors, this Bud's for you. And drive whatever the heck you want.

You can’t win at this game. I have a nice S I bought used. I’ve got a few comments at work about how expensive it is, meanwhile a new Harley themed F150 that was twice what I paid gets no attention.

People will talk. If not about the Tesla than maybe something like short … fingers …

Reactions: traxila and Akikiki