Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Broder or not to Broder, that is the question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please try to work this newly coined word into your conversation and post the results here.
I think both definitions have promise, so I think we should allow both. Please feel free to offer refinements to the definition and/or syntax.

to Broder: to waste time and/or energy in an attempt to fail at some task

examples:
1. I didn't want to go to the meeting so I Brodered back and forth between my office and the lunch room for 15 minutes until it started. Then I didn't go because it would have been rude to show up late.
2. I didn't want to have hamburgers again today, so last night I Brodered all the propane away by leaving the barbeque running after I was done cooking.

to Broder: to blatantly ignore obvious empirical data about the task at hand

examples:
1. The recipe called for a cup of flour, but I only had a half cup handy - so I Brodered and used that. The muffins turned out like inedible hockey pucks.
2. Our kicker had never before made a field goal longer than 40 yards, but the coach Brodered and had him kick from 80 yards away anyway. We lost.

examples:
1. The recipe called for a cup of flour, but I only had a half cup handy - so I Brodered and used that. The muffins turned out like inedible hockey pucks. That recipe sucks.
2. Our kicker had never before made a field goal longer than 40 yards, but the coach Brodered and had him kick from 80 yards away anyway. We lost. Ball landed on the goal line, stupid kicker cost us the game.

I think my version is more like it!

Please try to work this newly coined word into your conversation and post the results here.
I think both definitions have promise, so I think we should allow both. Please feel free to offer refinements to the definition and/or syntax.

to Broder: to waste time and/or energy in an attempt to fail at some task

examples:
1. I didn't want to go to the meeting so I Brodered back and forth between my office and the lunch room for 15 minutes until it started. Then I didn't go because it would have been rude to show up late.
2. I didn't want to have hamburgers again today, so last night I Brodered all the propane away by leaving the barbeque running after I was done cooking.

to Broder: to blatantly ignore obvious empirical data about the task at hand

examples:
1. The recipe called for a cup of flour, but I only had a half cup handy - so I Brodered and used that. The muffins turned out like inedible hockey pucks.
2. Our kicker had never before made a field goal longer than 40 yards, but the coach Brodered and had him kick from 80 yards away anyway. We lost.
Sorry ... richkae, but I brodered about it for a bit, then had no alternative but to add a GREEN reputation to your account.

I have more work I wanted to get done today but I've Brodered away the last half hour and nothing else is getting finished before I go home.

I'm going to jump in my car before it gets late and I Broder more time away sitting in traffic.

New definition of units:

1 Broder = 1 Max Drucker + 3 neurons.

Or 1 Broder - 3 neurons = 1 Max Drucker

That is to say, almost as stupid as Max Drucker, the bricker, but not quite.

What Really Happened

The Joy of Tech comic... because somebody has to make fun of our new computer overlords.

1806.jpg

I'm not in too good shape now so I brodered my marathon time by giving blood an hour before the race; now I have an excuse why my time was bad.

I'm going to broder your phone up with apps, then we'll see whose phone lasts longer.

Look, I know you don't want me to smoke, but brodering my lighter is not cool.