Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To CPO or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Although there are MANY posts on the CPO pros and cons, I am still interested to learn more... I inquired about a car today to Tesla Switzerland and they sent me the link to this report. Hopefully the link works for anyone interested.

https://tesla--c.na55.content.force...XeVvTeNY3Zv3nkKc8pwWxXKk1LEDpNb+vQpkK7LXHfg==

Is this the kind of report people are getting in other countries? The summary (made by a 3rd party company) seems quite detailed, they even identify the previous owner had a dog. Only question I have is if Tesla will fix these items for the advertised price or if I would have to pay. I’ve emailed them that question.

Sorry the report text is in German but the pictures are in English Page 4 has the main findings, here is a rough translation.
  • Bumpers front stone chipping, paint
  • Front spoiler dented, replace
  • Front grill Scratch-damaged painting
  • Rear left rim Scratch-damaged repair
  • Replace the rear left tire
  • Front left rim Scratch-damaged Repair, paint
  • Replace front left tire
  • Taillight right brokem, Replace
  • Rear bumper dented, paint
  • Rear right rim Scratch-damaged Repair, paint
  • Replace tire on the right rear
  • Rim front right Scratch-damaged Repair, paint
  • Replace front right tire
  • Mirror right Scratch damaged repair
  • Door rear right dented, polish, press
  • Floor Carpet Passenger Room Clean

Again sorry to start another CPO thread but want to learn as fast as possible whether to go down the CPO route or just buy a new car! I don't need the latest and greatest, I just want the lowest total cost of ownership over 4 or 5 years. Actually for me there is something appealing about a second hand car where I am not constantly worried about every scratch. The Model S in question here is roughly ~$50k USD (means also ~50k Swiss Francs)

Thanks Team!

• Helpful
Reactions: Don TLR and Snerruc
Response from Tesla Switzerland as to whether they repair the damage in the above report or not....

“Tesla is selling the Cars as is to Swiss customers, and this is the reason why the cars cheaper than some other EU countries”

That’s maybe true, the cars do seem a bit cheaper second hand in Switzerland compared to say Germany.

Hello,

Although there are MANY posts on the CPO pros and cons, I am still interested to learn more... I inquired about a car today to Tesla Switzerland and they sent me the link to this report. Hopefully the link works for anyone interested.

https://tesla--c.na55.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.EmailAttachmentDownload?q=UFOtv3FFCBdrqoU8qN91MBtmZbOkc4H42kO8gDTdzAyXeVvTeNY3Zv3nkKc8pwWxXKk1LEDpNb+vQpkK7LXHfg==

Is this the kind of report people are getting in other countries? The summary (made by a 3rd party company) seems quite detailed, they even identify the previous owner had a dog. Only question I have is if Tesla will fix these items for the advertised price or if I would have to pay. I’ve emailed them that question.

Sorry the report text is in German but the pictures are in English Page 4 has the main findings, here is a rough translation.
  • Bumpers front stone chipping, paint
  • Front spoiler dented, replace
  • Front grill Scratch-damaged painting
  • Rear left rim Scratch-damaged repair
  • Replace the rear left tire
  • Front left rim Scratch-damaged Repair, paint
  • Replace front left tire
  • Taillight right brokem, Replace
  • Rear bumper dented, paint
  • Rear right rim Scratch-damaged Repair, paint
  • Replace tire on the right rear
  • Rim front right Scratch-damaged Repair, paint
  • Replace front right tire
  • Mirror right Scratch damaged repair
  • Door rear right dented, polish, press
  • Floor Carpet Passenger Room Clean

Again sorry to start another CPO thread but want to learn as fast as possible whether to go down the CPO route or just buy a new car! I don't need the latest and greatest, I just want the lowest total cost of ownership over 4 or 5 years. Actually for me there is something appealing about a second hand car where I am not constantly worried about every scratch. The Model S in question here is roughly ~$50k USD (means also ~50k Swiss Francs)

Thanks Team!

They seem to have a solution listed next to each item and I'd like to think that suggested that they will actually resolve that matter...

No as I wrote above, they confirmed they do not fix anything noted in this report. You buy as is.

As written in other threads, seems like the CPO days are over, you are just buying a second hand car. Upside is you get some Tesla Warranty (2 or 4 years) and downside is you cannot necessarily see/drive/inspect the car before you buy.

• Informative
Reactions: MarkKW
In case anyone is curious about CPO in Switzerland at the moment, kinda small audience I know :) I put a deposit online today and bought a P85D 2015 (Yay me!). Three things then happened.

1) I received an automated email of sorts to explain the car is now loaded into my account online and I can go and confirm a few details such as preferred delivery location. I went into my account and sure enough the car was there so I added some details they wanted

2) Second email was from a human, same dude as sent me the above car report example I posted. He wanted a contract signed and returned via email. Straight forward.

3) A few hours later the local Tesla SC called me (no prompting from me). Great guy who was super helpful. We spoke about getting me a second hand set of winter wheels, he guided on best insurance companies in his experience, he agreed he would get the car to the local SC and I would come and inspect before I paid the full amount. He was very switched on, he figured out himself by asking the right questions I am trying to sell an i3 and an old ICE car and probably I don't have parking for 3 cars at home, so he wanted to help me sell these cars any way he could. He was very honest and said they don't rebuild/repair/repaint every scratch anymore, but they want the experience to be good.

Note: I had already requested and received the exact same type of report as linked above for the car I bought. So that was all I had to go on as the to the condition before I placed the online deposit.

Early days and I don't want to get ahead of myself, but this is the experience thus far. Hope I haven't jinxed myself by being too positive

Reactions: Don TLR and MarkKW
As promised, my Tesla contact person called yesterday and said ‘“it’s here, we just got it off the truck, would you like to come have a look before you transfer the money for the car?”

Now I know this is odd, but I live 800 meters (half mile) from my local Tesla SC. So I went up right away and looked, OMG I am in love. I mean proper love, like I can’t think about anything else...... Delivery Thursday.

In case anyone has read thus far, here we go! Picked up the car this morning.

Of course have not done many miles yet, but so far so good. No squeaks/rattles/problems. It's more or less like a new car really.

Tesla 4.jpg

Tesla 2.jpg

Tesla 5.jpg

Tesla 6.jpg

Tesla 7.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Don TLR and P85_DA