Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Creep Or Not To Creep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the majority of Tesla drivers have come from an automatic? Maybe i naively assume that there is an even distribution of auto and manual, when in actual fact i'm in the minority? (i have always driven a manual)
I just get the feeling that a lot of people are suggesting Telsa invented "creep off", when in reality automatic cars invented the concept of creep.

The majority of "luxury" cars are automatic. Performance cars used to always be manual - I've always driven manuals. In fact, aside from a car I bought a girlfriend to drive this is the first four door or automatic car that I've purchased. Everything else has been 2 door manuals - going back to my first road registered car, a 1973 V8 HQ Coupe (manual).

Inspired by this thread I turned creep off but I can't see any advantage. I still have to hold brake or have my foot on the brake at most lights to stop me rolling forward or backward unless it is flat. I have switched creep back on as I don't want to roll back on someone. I think the ideal would be no creep but also no rolling in the opposite direction to the gear engaged (drive or reverse). Increasingly I am using the adaptive cruise control at the lights when there is a car in front of me to hold my position without having to use the foot brake.

Inspired by this thread I turned creep off but I can't see any advantage. I still have to hold brake or have my foot on the brake at most lights to stop me rolling forward or backward unless it is flat. I have switched creep back on as I don't want to roll back on someone. I think the ideal would be no creep but also no rolling in the opposite direction to the gear engaged (drive or reverse). Increasingly I am using the adaptive cruise control at the lights when there is a car in front of me to hold my position without having to use the foot brake.
I don't understand. every time I press the brake at a stop the car engages hold mode (grey icon (H) in the upper right) and then I can take my foot off the brake, no rolling anywhere. So I have exactly what you are asking for, no creep, no rollback.

You need to push the brake a little harder (momentarily) after you come to a stop Ben, then it engages hold mode and will sit exactly where it is until you hit the accelerator (or the brake again).