Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To de-chrome or not to de-chrome

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0bc8b5fac8e4cf42563ce9f77a748a28.jpg

Dechrome to silver

I like all these modifications, but personally, I like the chrome. I think it's classy and expensive looking. I'm waiting for someone to bling it out with conflict-free diamond trim. C'mon, why black it out when you can bling it out.

- K
LMAO! Just give it time.

I like the chrome too. But I also like the blackout look. That's the main reason I like dip. It's easy to apply and completely removable in minutes.

Reactions: THXULTRA
BC0FD78D-B4EF-4129-88C1-D726675E2C5A.jpeg
De-chrome for me. Phase one complete, but I didn’t like how my wrap of the nosecone surround turned out (rushed it/curves have lots of creases). Looks fine from afar, but ugly (to me) up close, so will probably redo or dip it.

When I got my MS a month ago, I wanted to do chrome delete but after having it for a month think the chrome actually pops nicely on my red car. I kinda visualized satin black in place of chrome and it did not give that contrast.
same with wheels as well. wanted to powder coat to satin black but decided against it, Will probably just powder coat the calipers to red. anyway, I am planning to wrap the car to a different color in one year and will do the chrome delete then.
Capture.JPG

Reactions: Brettski