Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To debadge or not debadge...

Should I debadge?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's the question... I've got a P85+ which I'm pretty proud of. That said, with all of the black-out stuff that I've done I've been debating whether or not to debadge the rear-end or keep the badges on. What are your thoughts?

Current backend...

IMG_0065.jpg

Depends on your car... do you want to be noticed or fly under the radar? If you drive a P100D, you will get definitely get more attention from onlookers who've read about the car and ask about what it can do, and also some folks trying to act like they want to race you to get you to accelerate from a stoplight .... If you don't remove the badges, you'll only get questions from prospective Tesla owners and other more tech savvy car fans.... Debadging will add to your mystery, unfortunately, it will not get you laid.

Reactions: nobznss
If you debadge, I think your car would look really good if you remove the entire T symbol and the license plate bracket. IMHO... the blacked out chrome on white would be next level neat.

Reactions: EVChris
I like the carbon fiber defuser, and so yes, I'm fairly certain that removing the T and the badges would make your car unbelievable.... if you want to add color, I'd consider a custom plate from Utah in one color, but would probably steer your to black and white since your car would be all about understated excellence. :)

Leave the Emblems, be proud of the P85+, it is usually the posers with 75 or 60’s that want to hide their tiny battery pack.

LOL, also buy the letters “Model S” in black that would look great. RPM Tesla is going to be selling them next month.
We saw samples at their shop. Glossy Black Letters will ok great. Chrome on white gets lost.

Leave the Emblems, be proud of the P85+, it is usually the posers with 75 or 60’s that want to hide their tiny battery pack.

LOL, also buy the letters “Model S” in black that would look great. RPM Tesla is going to be selling them next month.
We saw samples at their shop. Glossy Black Letters will ok great. Chrome on white gets lost.

Interesting. I didn’t know that. I wish someone would just do back vinyl overlays for them to cover the chrome (like the T) but alas I haven’t found any.

Reactions: TesslAshanti
My battery capacity went down from 79.6 kWh when the car was new to 72 kWh now. I asked Tesla to trade in my 85 letters to 72, but they refused, so I took the 85 off.

JK. But yes I took it off because I think it's silly to write technical specs on the back of the car.

• Funny
Reactions: roblab
My battery capacity went down from 79.6 kWh when the car was new to 72 kWh now. I asked Tesla to trade in my 85 letters to 72, but they refused, so I took the 85 off.

JK. But yes I took it off because I think it's silly to write technical specs on the back of the car.

I love it! And I tend to agree with putting tech specs on the back. I wish they made black badges and I would leave them on, but it's looking like the consensus it to pull them off.

I'd remove the badges... all of them.

Too bad you can't do something about the license plate. California has a "retro" style plate with a black background and yellow-orange letters which looks pretty good.

Yeah, they have a brown one for Moab and an american flag one. The skier was the closest to the color of the car so I rolled with it. The California retros are sweet, but Utah doesn't have anything like that. Makes me regret leaving even more...