Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To debadge or not debadge...

Should I debadge?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P85+. I'd want to keep that! Probably still the most fun Tesla to drive (not counting the Roadster). Could become as iconic as a 1976 VW Golf GTI, and you wouldn't debadge one of those!

I debadged my 85D but that's because in this country full of dirty diesels, "D" is really a stupid suffix to have on your trunk :)

My battery capacity went down from 79.6 kWh when the car was new to 72 kWh now. I asked Tesla to trade in my 85 letters to 72, but they refused, so I took the 85 off.

JK. But yes I took it off because I think it's silly to write technical specs on the back of the car.

Here in Northern CA (Next state up from you) I don't think anybody cares. Some may figure out it's a Tesla, but they certainly can't read my 90D after the light goes green. A couple times I've had tricked out Camaros or Corvettes ignore me, I'm guessing because they don't know what I'm driving, I mean, maybe it's a P100D Ludicrous rebadged as a 90, what with all this unbadging and rebadging and Ninja badging going on down south!

I don't understand why anyone would want to take the chrome off, unless it's just to satisfy some art urge. I like the silver on Metallic Silver look. Maybe I'd want to cover everything in black if I'd bought white.

My first electric car (RAV4EV), I was soooo crazy. I listed everything on the back of the car in four inch letters. They REALLY ignored me then.

Reactions: Blup85 and nobznss
I think if I could choose, I would just have black badges and leave them on. I don’t want to dip them because I’ve had bad experience in the past and from that experience it doesn’t last that long anyway. I’m thinking about taking them off, painting them, and putting them back on.

I don't get the debaging thing, be true to what you have. Unless you truly have a "sleeper" like the guy (wk?)who made a ludicrous out of a P model. I think its tacky unless you actually have the marbles...

I don't get the debaging thing, be true to what you have. Unless you truly have a "sleeper" like the guy (wk?)who made a ludicrous out of a P model. I think its tacky unless you actually have the marbles...

I totally get what you are saying.... If you have a P100D in the pants, it's OK to be understated....
bush_flight_suit1.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Blup85
I have always kept badges on my cars, and same with my "lowly" 75D. I didn't care that people knew I had a 75D before, I love the damn thing. I've been dipping the car recently, and finally wanted to see how it would look if I took them off. I like the look.
IMG_20201113_165306.jpg

I used to be a honey debadger. I didn't care what it was (before EVs, it was generally an economy car), I just don't like the looks of badges in general and don't like washing around them. The only exception was the one car that was a 2-year lease; I kept the badge on so I wouldn't have to replace it at the end.

On my last car, I changed my MO a bit. I noticed that the badge fit nicely on the center console. You can see it with the lid open or closed.

PXL_20210802_002814306.NIGHT.jpg

So it looks like that going down the road?
Sorry, that's the WORST car color I've ever seen.
Haha, not quite exactly like that since that picture from above is before any of the lights and whatnot were peeled off leaving just the body color that blue. Regardless, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion of it.

It actually got tons of compliments from all types of people when it was that color. Unfortunately it didn't stay too long as it got damaged by the service center, so I don't have many pictures of it. It has since changed a few times.

Attachments

• IMG_20201127_165312.jpg
    IMG_20201127_165312.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20200903_110128~2.jpg
    IMG_20200903_110128~2.jpg
    583.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20210520_214221_297.jpg
    IMG_20210520_214221_297.jpg
    835.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20210117_193826.jpg
    IMG_20210117_193826.jpg