Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To deposit or not deposit, that is the question.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welp, about a year after starting this thread. I'm in. :)

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 12.54.15 PM.png

What color are you thinking?

Honestly not sure. Need to see the choices. Something timeless though as I intend to have it for a long while. If they have a deep stunning red, as we’ve seen, maybe that. I like the white but I feel white cars are a bit of a fad. I love black cars but I’m over cleaning them. lol. So, likely red unless there’s some cool surprise colors.

Reactions: Mr X
Red is my default color too. It seems to be a step above the other colors and the car is promoted as a red. Which sort of makes the color iconic for the car.

White would be good for a wrap thou. Lots of good options then. Purple/blue would probably look great but it might be too much for me on a daily driver.

Reactions: phantasms
Like everything else in life getting that (say) extra 10% cost you way more than 10%.

3.1 sec $57k Model 3 Performance
3.1 sec $90k Model S
2.0 sec $130k Model S Plaid

M3S > MS is a huge price hike for basically the same speed. Sure different car. Different options. But the level of extreme performance is low compared to the price difference.

MS > MS Plaid is yet another large jump. Unless you're tracking the car the daily performance difference is certainly notable, more so than M3 to M3, but you pay for it.

Value for money M3P is amazing.

If you're talking hypercar money and performance MS Plaid is great value by comparison.

To each their own. Plaid has bragging rights and blows anything off the line. But yes, value for money it's overpriced. But the last bit is always more expensive. Compared to the roadster the Plaid makes much more sense.
None of that matters when you win against “try hards” on your way to church.

• Love
Lol sadly no. I entered the Teslaverse in 2018. What happened?
After taking deposits (and I think in some cases full payments), Tesla significantly increased the price by announcing previously unmentioned "fees." I think they amounted to tens of thousands of dollars. People were quite pissed, as you might imagine. (BTW, this didn't happen to me, I was later than that.)

• Informative
After taking deposits (and I think in some cases full payments), Tesla significantly increased the price by announcing previously unmentioned "fees." I think they amounted to tens of thousands of dollars. People were quite pissed, as you might imagine. (BTW, this didn't happen to me, I was later than that.)
That's disappointing to hear. Hopefully since they aren't as cash-strapped as they were back then, they won't revert to the same tactics. Otherwise yes I will be pi**ed about giving them an interest-free loan for 2 years.

Honestly not sure. Need to see the choices. Something timeless though as I intend to have it for a long while. If they have a deep stunning red, as we’ve seen, maybe that. I like the white but I feel white cars are a bit of a fad. I love black cars but I’m over cleaning them. lol. So, likely red unless there’s some cool surprise colors.
You can get it wrapped any color you like

I don’t think that history will repeat. Last time, if Tesla not raised prices, they would have gone bankrupt. This time, they could easily eat the cost.

Not to mention the roadsters they are giving away.