Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Front Badge or To Not Front Badge

follow.johnny

May 19, 2018
Riverside, California
I took mine off but then decided the car looked a little to plain without it. There really isn't a tremendous amount of design details on this car, unpopular opinion but I find without them it looks a little generic... It's nice to have something to break it up. I powered coated my front logo black and went with black TESLA on the back. Then I ordered P3D badges from Abstract and painted them black. I think it's perfect this way. :)

I also have the TESLA badging on the rear as well.

Tesla_Emblem_Wide.jpg

JimBob 909

Little Red Raven
Sep 16, 2019
Southern California
I took mine off but then decided the car looked a little to plain without it. There really isn't a tremendous amount of design details on this car, unpopular opinion but I find without them it looks a little generic... It's nice to have something to break it up. I powered coated my front logo black and went with black TESLA on the back. Then I ordered P3D badges from Abstract and painted them black. I think it's perfect this way. :)

The Black looks great. Nice Job, especially the back.

Reactions: ChargedSociety
Mar 6, 2020
Orlando, FL
Thanks for all the posts gents. Decided to go with the TESLA on the back and leaving the front badge off. When I went to see it, it looked really clean without the front badge on, I purchased a replacement just in case so I have one if I change my mind.

picking it up tomorrow finally after having all the PPF, Ceramic and tint done. It’s gonna be a good day.

Mod Y Guy

Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2017
California
Had it nekked for all of five minutes. I removed both the front and back badge and have done a few different things. First , I took off the back logo and replaced with TESLA badging. I grew tired of it quickly though and felt I didn't need to add to the "Tesla hate" by placing the full name on the back. Haha. Then, I decided to go with what was rumored to be the original idea for the Model 3 logo (just the E) until lawsuits ensued. I'm happy with it (it's different). I "might" wrap the front/rear E badge in matrix black but who knows? The chrome is a nice "pop" since I wrapped my car in satin black.

(3)MSM.jpg

Tesla Original Logo (3).jpg

Tesla Original Logo (2).jpg

Trunk (1).jpg

Side angle.jpg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC