Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Front Badge or To Not Front Badge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says my friends.

picked up the new M3P yesterday. It’s now in the shop getting Full Front PPF and Ceramic.

They will be de badging the car to get full coverage for the ceramic but I’m trying to figure out wether to re badge them after it’s done. (Before they top coat it so the badge will still stick)

I’ve decided to go with the TESLA (from the roadster) on the rear of the car in matte black.

trying to figure out wether to slap a replacement chrome badge on the front with the vinyl matte black wrap over the top, or to leave it off.

All opinions welcome y’all.

I’m planning on a doing the chrome delete as well to add.

thanks everyone.

I left mine off...
IMG_2832.jpeg

OP - the debadge if anything is useful for PPF coverage, not so much ceramic coating (can easily ceramic coat or liquid PPF over emblems, but not so for traditional PPF).

Some on here and other fora had issues with T emblem reinstalls, so likely best to simply keep it/them off.

Note that PPF glazed with ceramic coating will last a decent while, but eventually need refreshing or removal and replacement with newer tech, giving yet another reason to skip replacing the T emblems.

I took mine off but then decided the car looked a little to plain without it. There really isn't a tremendous amount of design details on this car, unpopular opinion but I find without them it looks a little generic... It's nice to have something to break it up. I powered coated my front logo black and went with black TESLA on the back. Then I ordered P3D badges from Abstract and painted them black. I think it's perfect this way. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200321_143502.jpg
    IMG_20200321_143502.jpg
    740.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_20200321_143516.jpg
    IMG_20200321_143516.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_20200321_144038.jpg
    IMG_20200321_144038.jpg
    596.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
i like how mine looked debadged but part of my decision to keep them off is irrational hate towards teslas.

seems that people know what the T stands for but a percentage of those same ignorant people cease to recognize a tesla without the T... go figure

• Informative
Reactions: Msjulie