Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Make Sentry Mode Record

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In order to have sentry mode to record do we need to leave the dash cam on (Red dot on camera icon ) or would turning sentry on is it enough (with grey dot ) ?

My two cents - dash cam on or off seems irrelevant to sentry mode. The reason I think this is because I activate sentry mode remotely using the app when the car is parked, locked and dash cam is off.

Well, I have never had Sentry mode record unless I turn on dashcam recording. The center display shows Sentry mode as active, and I will have a message on the IC that there have been x number of events, but no actual recording unless I turn on the dashcam before exiting the car. When I remember to turn on the dashcam, I do have the 10 1-minute videos saved to a separate folder as it should be.

And yes, I have AP hardware 2.5 as I am getting full color from all 3 cameras. Any ideas then? Do I need to schedule a Service Center visit, or am I misunderstanding how it should work?