Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Model 3 with AP owner, how much are you willing to pay for FSD or not at all?

To Model 3 + AP owners, how much are you willing to pay for FSD?

• $6000USD

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • $5000USD

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • $4000-3000USD

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Less than $3000USD

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No way in hell I'm gonna buy this vaporware

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Similar to the other EAP thread that discussed how many EAP owners will pay for the FSD, I would like to know how many Model 3 with AP owners (in particular the one that pays extra before AP becomes "standard" throughout the model range) are willing to pay for FSD upgrade.

According to the Tesla customer support today that i'm in contact with via chat, he told me that the price could go up or down from here, but most likely goes up (the usual Tesla Tactics of FOMO). Will you just give up and buy the FSD for $6000USD today? or you will not even take a look at it until you see a cheaper price/better feature?

Do you ever feels missing out if only having AP included (no lane change, no summon, no future hype of "oh god this car is gonna drive itself and I'm missing out on that?") Also, how would you feel if you upgraded it to FSD, and at the end Tesla does not honor you to upgrade from HW2.5 to HW3?

Your input is much appreciated

If the price goes up even higher than $6K, I doubt there will be many takers. They can threaten all they want about how much they are going to raise prices, but they have to convince at least some people to actually pay those prices for any of this to matter.

Prior to this week they had a with delivery/after delivery price to motivate you to take FSD at the time of purchase. It obviously has not worked so they abandoned that strategy and now it’s just $6K before or after delivery. We’ll see how long that lasts before the next change.

The price for FSD is going to vary based on what you paid for AP.

Tesla wants us to pay $8,000 for both.

In the past it was EAP for 5k, and FSD for 3k.

When I bought, it was AP For 3k, and FSD for 5k.

Right now it's AP for 2k (part of the car's increase price) and FSD for 6k.

I would not pay 6k for FSD (making my cost 9k instead of the 8k target).

Reactions: JPUConn
The FSD option is by definition the new 3.0 hardware
+ however many successive software updates all the way
to street level navigation on autopilot, at whatever level it
reaches at whatever point in time. If you don't believe they
will ever achieve anything more useful, then of course it's
not worth more than the current NOA, summon etc.