Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To PPF or not Lower door area white car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I already have a custom full front with wrap edges (mostly) but i have decided to buy a precut DIY kit for the rocker panels.

I am debating if i should skip the lower door portion ( the 3 separate pieces ). The idea of having a seam where the PPF ends on top ( bottom is wrapped edge) that long across the body of the car were dirt can collect and form a dark line on a white car doesn't thrill me.

Should i just skip that part and use dr colorchip it if needed? I live in SoCal so no hard weather.

1675270905888.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 1675270893624.png
    1675270893624.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 38
Personally, I would want as much protection from rock chips as possible and would go ahead and apply all of the PPF in your kit.

You are right to be a bit concerned about dirt building up along the upper seam of the PPF. But there are solutions other than not installing the PPF. Just keep the PPF clean and, if you do notice any dirt starting to build up, you can use a soft detailing brush and soap (or waterless wash) to clean it.

And, of course, if the seam gets really dirty and you hate the look of it, you can always remove the PPF just on that section.

Here is an older but good video from Larry with Ammo NYC on how to clean and protect PPF (which he refers to as a clear bra):

Personally, I would want as much protection from rock chips as possible and would go ahead and apply all of the PPF in your kit.

You are right to be a bit concerned about dirt building up along the upper seam of the PPF. But there are solutions other than not installing the PPF. Just keep the PPF clean and, if you do notice any dirt starting to build up, you can use a soft detailing brush and soap (or waterless wash) to clean it.

And, of course, if the seam gets really dirty and you hate the look of it, you can always remove the PPF just on that section.

Here is an older but good video from Larry with Ammo NYC on how to clean and protect PPF (which he refers to as a clear bra):

The thought of replacing the PPF in a few years if it gets too dirty did cross my mind. My only concern is not damaging the clear coal when i remove it, but it seems rather simple with a steamer.

Reactions: joebruin77