TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

To see, or not to see, that is the question

Discussion in 'Model X' started by fderheide, Jan 6, 2016.

1. fderheide

fderheide Member

After waiting and reading and pic viewing for so long I am now inclined to avoid seeing an X in person until I take delivery of my very own. I have a production order which confirmed Jan 1 on a 5xxx reservation number. So I only need to avoid the Tesla store and the few founders, signs, P90Ds and 90Ds that maybe delivered before me in Atlanta. I'm not a speculator as I find it all so tiring, but I'd say avoiding these guys should be easy enough.. After all what do I gain by seeing one anyway?
    179e8f0ebd8ff3c8befca02ab1983cf2.jpg

2. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

Grin. Good luck with that fderheid... There is a Blue Signature X Driving about in Buckhead. Hopefully, there are enough Production P90D X's to put ATL on an early shipping list. Confirmed December 22. Awaiting for a VIN.

3. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I would never do it, but I am a bit conservative. I had to try them out on two occasions. BTW I like your choice of color and features. :smile:

4. fderheide

fderheide Member

Thanks Aljohn.

I will avoid bulkhead for the foreseeable future. I saw a white one waiting for delivery on FB. Let me know where that one ends up so I can avoid it too. :)

5. Aljohn

Aljohn Member

I admire your restraint Fderheide. There were two Xs delivered by the SC in Decatur in December. Don't know the colors, they would not let anyone see them (appropriately). It seems there have been no more Production VIN's since December 23rd. Was hoping for one yesterday.... didn't happen.

6. fderheide

fderheide Member

So that brings my best guess tally to 4. I'm in Smyrna, if you have a model X Stay away until further notice. ;)

If I can't avoid one, maybe at least I can avoid a red one.

7. fderheide

fderheide Member

Estimated deliver April May. Still holding strong.