Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Sell or to Trade-In....New Long Range X Ordered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
Just placed my order for the new X....can't wait!!!! Have a 2016 90D in the garage currently....what are my options?
  • Trade in with Tesla
  • Sell Privately
  • Trade in Elsewhere - any options?

I also purchased the 4 year extended warranty earlier this year. Is that refundable or transferrable to the new X?

Attachments

• IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
How does this sound? $68k with the extended warranty (100k miles or March 2023 - whichever is first). Currently at 54,123 miles with all annual service preformed
Or I can sell it at $64k without the extended warranty.
Still a great car with lots of life in it. Does that sound fair?

How does this sound? $68k with the extended warranty (100k miles or March 2023 - whichever is first). Currently at 54,123 miles with all annual service preformed
Or I can sell it at $64k without the extended warranty.
Still a great car with lots of life in it. Does that sound fair?

If yours is fully loaded then I'd expect you could get the 68K out of an unsuspecting buyer, who doesn't realize the extended warranty is deductible based and the tesla CPO isn't. I'd say 65K is realistic with your warranty. Or you never know, someone may just buy the damn thing at 68K. I've sold some stuff for asking price fully expecting someone knock the price down 10-20% I'd start at 70K and expect a realistic offer at 65K with the warranty.