TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

To Spoiler, or not to Spoiler...Photos

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by TheAustin, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Sigma4Life

Sigma4Life Member

Ditto for me. I have the same config (pearl white + performance gray wheels). I think it looks great.

Regarding the impact on range, if you need to go over 100mph for it to add noticeable downforce wouldn't this also imply the you have to go over 100mph for it to have a tangible impact on range as well? My guess is the impact on range is negligible.

2. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

I was told that it is easily removeable. I too was uncertain about it, but since it's a "no cost" option on performance model I opted to get it and will make a decision once the car is here.

3. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Frankly I forgot to update my design and didn't remember when I signed. So I guess it wasn't meant to be. I was indecisive but was leaning toward the no side. I would have like to get it unattached and given it to a non performance person that liked it. Oh well. Senior moment!

4. jhs_7645

jhs_7645 VIN: #3305

Yep, pearl white cf spoiler. In my opinion it gets lost on the black car, and the others does not provide enough contrast. The spoiler on the white gives it a nice sporty look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. rekoh

rekoh Member

Anyone have pictures of a black with spoiler?? I have seen a few, but they are all more 'close-ups'...

6. gsxrex

gsxrex Member

7. Kenne74

Kenne74 Member

I would like to pick up a spoiler from my wife's car, but she isn't interested in the CF look and would prefer for it to match her car paint color (gray). I strongly disagree with her but its not my car....Since these spoilers seem hard to come by has anyone found a 2nd source? I would think you would need the original spoiler for a shop to copy.

Also if the part can't be 2nd sourced can the CF be painted to match the car color? Any idea what these spoilers are selling for?

Thanks,

Ken

8. Hybris

Hybris Member

I love the spoiler on the new red with 21" gray wheels. Looks terrible on black. Lovely on new red and white. Remove would probably just be a hairdryer and floss. Did remove my spoiler on the BMW 1M to replace it with a carbon one. I will order with for my red p85 and remove it later if I dont like it.

9. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

Sufficient down force to hold the car against the ceiling!

10. bareyb

bareyb Active Member

Ordered the "P" but not the spoiler. I prefer the subtle upsweep of the rear without it.