Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Spoiler or Not To Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I

I’m going with the v-style matte carbon fiber from RPM. I ordered a matte black and plastic version from Amazon and when it came in today not only is it 9 inches from the trunk opening line (vs 5 inches from RPM), but it just looks cheap. I agree as I debated on whether or not I want carbon fiber as I don’t plan on adding anything else on the exterior, but at the end of the day it won’t bug me.
You could always throw on the mirror caps. I think those look sharp!

Reactions: 1plavs
Had someone professionally put on a performance Y replica CF spoiler. He used strong 3M automotive tape from end to end for the spoiler. Polished off the ceramic coating I had already on the lip to secure the spoiler on the lip and then reapplied the ceramic coat on the area.

With the mud flaps I had put on earlier, the look def looks more sporty.

Had someone professionally put on a performance Y replica CF spoiler. He used strong 3M automotive tape from end to end for the spoiler. Polished off the ceramic coating I had already on the lip to secure the spoiler on the lip and then reapplied the ceramic coat on the area.

With the mud flaps I had put on earlier, the look def looks more sporty.
Nice! What flaps did you end up getting?

I'll get my RPM spolier before I get my car... Spoiler shipped today...
I tried looking for other recessed v-style shape spoilers like what RPM has for sale, but everything else is 7-9 inches from the trunk line vs RPM which is 5 inches. I prefer that only because it will have a tighter fit and will not unstick as easily as the ones further away from the trunk line.

Save yourself the headaches and use strong weatherproof 3m automotive double sided on the first go and not the thin cheap china stuff u get with these cheaper spoilers.

PXL_20210807_002727917.jpg
PXL_20210807_002746294.jpg
PXL_20210807_002753024.jpg
PXL_20210807_002836654.jpg

Anyone here have a strong opinion on whether or not a Satin Black spoiler that is ABS plastic will look cheap? I'm torn between getting the real carbon fiber spoiler from RPM or their ABS Satin Black one. I prefer the satin black look since there isn't carbon fiber anywhere else on the exterior, but if it's going to look cheap (it costs quite a bit less) or be brittle then I'll just go carbon.

RPM Satin Black Spoiler

RPM Carbon Fiber Matte Spoiler

Anyone here have a strong opinion on whether or not a Satin Black spoiler that is ABS plastic will look cheap? I'm torn between getting the real carbon fiber spoiler from RPM or their ABS Satin Black one. I prefer the satin black look since there isn't carbon fiber anywhere else on the exterior, but if it's going to look cheap (it costs quite a bit less) or be brittle then I'll just go carbon.

RPM Satin Black Spoiler

RPM Carbon Fiber Matte Spoiler
I will post pictures this weekend when I put the RPM Performance Plus matte carbon spoiler on. Might help you decide? Will also be putting the matte carbon mirror caps on to go with the carbon license plate cover. I’m like you and didn’t want just a carbon spoiler. So I chose a few things to make it look like an accent.

Reactions: md99
I will post pictures this weekend when I put the RPM Performance Plus matte carbon spoiler on. Might help you decide? Will also be putting the matte carbon mirror caps on to go with the carbon license plate cover. I’m like you and didn’t want just a carbon spoiler. So I chose a few things to make it look like an accent.
I went all matte carbon on my exterior accessories (mirror caps, turn signal caps, door handles, front and rear spoiler). Happy with the choice. Waiting for Razzo spoiler from RPM. Happy with the decision.

Reactions: md99
The performance plus is molded on the ends to hug the rear hatch area better. I think it is going to stick a lot better. I’ve tried some knock offs and I can’t get them to stay down. I switched from the Razzo to this one, and used the savings to buy the matte carbon mirror caps. I think it will be a nice touch. Just have to have my PPF guy wrap the matte mirror caps in XPEL Stealth to protect them.
I just ordered this spoiler. Do the ends stick down?