Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Spoiler or Not To Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have ordered the Performance Plus with center cut in gloss from RPM. I was strongly considering the Razzo style because of the edge-to-edge coverage, but I think it would be too heavy for the back of the car the more I looked at pictures and video. RPM seems to sell the fact these performance versions fit better so I waited until they became available with the cutout center, I like that look.

I also think prep is a huge part of the stick down. I have a similar spoiler on my S2000 and I have had zero issues with it detaching. A friend who has the same lost it on a drive. The difference? I prepped the area really well. The attachment area needs to be free of oils. So multiple IPA wipe downs then buffing with a MF towel to remove residuals. Repeat a few times. Dry fit the spoiler and tape/mark where it sits the best. Then warming the area and the spoiler itself to at least 80deg F. Apply an adhesion promoter to JUST area the spoiler will cover. Let that set-up then rewarm the trunk and apply the spoiler using your marks. Keep pressure on it into the trunk for several minutes. If you have someone else to help, have them tape it down to help pull it into the trunk. Then LEAVE IT ALONE for the night.

All that said, I'll likely get the spoiler before I get the car at this point.. EDD is Sept right now...
I just ordered this spoiler. Did the ends fit well and stay down?

I just ordered this spoiler. Do the ends stick down?
They stuck down but be careful to place it along the crease. When I installed mine I was up a little so the ends didn’t quite meet the body perfectly. Each end was sticking up maybe 1/16” but nothing bad. I was worrying about it coming up, but to ensure it stayed down I took some RTV silicone, a small needle, and injected some into each end. Since the silicone is black it molds right in with the spoiler. I guarantee it isn’t coming up. Had I put the spoiler a little lower and in line with the crease, I think it would’ve been fine.

They stuck down but be careful to place it along the crease. When I installed mine I was up a little so the ends didn’t quite meet the body perfectly. Each end was sticking up maybe 1/16” but nothing bad. I was worrying about it coming up, but to ensure it stayed down I took some RTV silicone, a small needle, and injected some into each end. Since the silicone is black it molds right in with the spoiler. I guarantee it isn’t coming up. Had I put the spoiler a little lower and in line with the crease, I think it would’ve been fine.
Ah thank you for the tip. RPM's performance plus V style is out of stock right now. Just waiting for the shipment.

Ah thank you for the tip. RPM's performance plus V style is out of stock right now. Just waiting for the shipment.
D972C382-9A9A-4269-9CE4-2B0002A14FB6.jpeg
38DBFAF8-64BC-43FD-AB34-F9E0BABDB1EF.jpeg

This is the matte Carbon with Ceramic coating. Just finished coating the whole vehicle today.

After almost three months, RPM finally received their matte Razzo spoliers in and I had them replace the OEM equivalent with the new one. I am letting the adhesion process work thorugh and will need to give it a good wash before I send pictures out. So far, very happy with the blend of a front and rear spoiler.

Reactions: Schulz1983
View attachment 705584View attachment 705585
This is the matte Carbon with Ceramic coating. Just finished coating the whole vehicle today.

Can you take pictures of your RPM Perf Plus spoiler further away so I can see how it look on the car from a slightly distance? Just curious to see how it looks on the rear hatch compared to the oem factory Perf spoiler.

Also, nothing against your badging choice, but IMO it looks pretty busy there with both the T emblem and the Tesla emblem. I'm sure it also looks busy because the Perf Plus spoiler is much bigger and covers a lot more area on the white hatch lid, so it stands out a lot more with the badges.

Can you take pictures of your RPM Perf Plus spoiler further away so I can see how it look on the car from a slightly distance? Just curious to see how it looks on the rear hatch compared to the oem factory Perf spoiler.

Also, nothing against your badging choice, but IMO it looks pretty busy there with both the T emblem and the Tesla emblem. I'm sure it also looks busy because the Perf Plus spoiler is much bigger and covers a lot more area on the white hatch lid, so it stands out a lot more with the badges.
I will have to get pictures of it. The badging choice wasn’t mine lol. The fiancé wanted the T badge and I wanted the lettering. Agreed to the lettering but wasn’t willing to take the T off. You win some you lose some. It has grown on me. Will get pics tomorrow though as it is already in the garage.

I have been looking at the bigger RPM spoilers but I don’t want to decrease my high speed efficiency. Has anyone been able to determine how these spoilers impact range at highway speeds?
Spoilers seem to help efficiently not decrease it. I’ve noticed a slight wh decrease since installing mine. It isn’t anything earth shattering but it hasn’t increased. If anything the spoiler has actually helped the rear of the car feel more planted on the interstate.