Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To those with Ceramic tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I had Suntek Cir (suntek Ceramic tint) installed and I'm not thrilled over the job. Specifically, the rear window/hatch. The installer claims he shrank the film but it didn't shrink enough because the film is "stiffer" and had to put relief cuts in and over lap the lines a bit. I'm actually shocked and pretty mad because he could have easily cut a defroster line!
I confirmed it's one piece but the relief/overlap is about 12", two per side.
He botched this tint pretty bad in a different area so I'm having him redo it so...

Question is, is this normal? Does your Ceramic tint on the hatch have these reliefs?
If it's not, I probably will tell him to just remove the tint and I'll go elsewhere. Actually thinking of just getting a precut piece and doing it myself.

Attachments

• PXL_20220817_224549200.jpg
    PXL_20220817_224549200.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 256
Hey, I had Suntek Cir (suntek Ceramic tint) installed and I'm not thrilled over the job. Specifically, the rear window/hatch. The installer claims he shrank the film but it didn't shrink enough because the film is "stiffer" and had to put relief cuts in and over lap the lines a bit. I'm actually shocked and pretty mad because he could have easily cut a defroster line!
He botched this tint pretty bad in a different area so I'm having him redo it so...

Question is, is this normal? Does your Ceramic tint on the hatch have these reliefs?
If it's not, I probably will tell him to just remove the tint and I'll go elsewhere. Actually thinking of just getting a precut piece and doing it myself.
Single sheet with no overlap on mine. I don’t have Suntek, but can’t imagine that’s the problem. Looks like an unprofessional install.

Reactions: Leeclanual

I had 3M Crystalline installed on all windows and front windshield too. They heat shrunk the Rear window prior to install-NO seams or overlaps. Sorry but that is a poor-unprofessional job.

if they have to overlap it like that on an easy window… my guess is that it is an unprofessional job. or he was just lazy and took an easy way out. don’t know much about tint, but I have never seen this before. I’d definitely take it elsewhere