Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To tint back/top window or not

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I had the rear glass tinted (one piece) with 70%. Thread here. "I've had it for about a month and no problems at all. As I mentioned, I initially regretted a bit going with 70% rear instead of 50% because it's not as "private" from the very rear on the outside. After having it a month, I am happy with the 70% choice. I've had several people in the rear rave about the view out the top and to me that's the most important feature to keep. So I am getting the heat rejection from the file without any noticeable loss of light."

• Informative
Reactions: Jivas
Our M3 sits in the sun all day at the office in 100+ temps and at the end of the day the roof glass is very hot to the touch. We’re doing the ceramic tint on all the glass except the windshield. There is a group buy on here for Rodz Tint Shop in Fountain Valley.

Here are a couple of pictures showing side tinted, but not back. One is in lower light of a parking garage and one is in direct sunlight.

IMG_0491.jpg IMG_0492.jpg

so is anyone technical enough to tell me whether or not: 70% ceramic tint on roof will provide increased heat rejection from the stock tint?

yes ceramic tint at any percentage will block heat. Today's tints are advance enough where darker tint doesn't mean maximum heat rejection. There are a lot of 70% ceramic tints that are rated for more heat rejection than 5% limo tint out there.

Now obviously 50% and 33% ceramic will block a certain percentage more than 70% ceramic, but you still get good rejection with the 70%.

Reactions: Blue in NC