Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To white interior owners...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm waiting on a LR AWD white M3 with white interior. I wear dark jeans to work almost everyday. In spending some more time obsessing over this, and reading threads on these forums, I am starting to panic a little that this could be a bad decision. To make matters worse, it looks like there are brand new 2019 inventory models available, one in Kansas City, with my configuration and dark interior.

Semi-rhetorical question: is this irrational? Anyone with experience who can say yay or nay on the decision to keep white interior, switch to black?

All will be well. Not a real problem to have, but I also want to keep this car looking awesome. Thanks!

I'm waiting on a LR AWD white M3 with white interior. I wear dark jeans to work almost everyday. In spending some more time obsessing over this, and reading threads on these forums, I am starting to panic a little that this could be a bad decision. To make matters worse, it looks like there are brand new 2019 inventory models available, one in Kansas City, with my configuration and dark interior.

Semi-rhetorical question: is this irrational? Anyone with experience who can say yay or nay on the decision to keep white interior, switch to black?

All will be well. Not a real problem to have, but I also want to keep this car looking awesome. Thanks!

White all the way.

• Helpful
Reactions: Azathoth
I was having doubts on mine too, but honestly, to me the maintenance is worth the look and I wouldn't go to black interior.

Plus, if it's the premium vegan leather or fake leather, it's not as bad to maintain as real leather. So i'm told, time will tell.

I have 2 cars both with the white interior. The first one I’ve had over 2 years and for the first year I wore jeans regularly in it and it really took a toll on the drivers seat. I stopped wearing jeans and the discoloration hasn’t gotten any worse since.

The second car I’ve had for around 6 months, never worn jeans in it, and they still look new.

People will say well all you have to do is take time maintaining it. I spent a lot of time cleaning the seats and it still discolored. The people that say they wear jeans in the car all the time and see nothing, probably just aren’t that particular about how the seats look. This isn’t saying the white is any different than any other seating material in any other car, it just shows color transfer a lot easier. With everything else they are easy to keep clean even with kids, it’s just the jean issue that’s impossible to prevent. If that bothers you I’d go with the dark interior.

• Informative
Reactions: Scott7
I just got mine with a white interior and I worry more about other people getting in with jeans than myself. I usually wear lite color jeans, Khakis, joggers and dress pants (for work). But I can’t help but watch what everyone else is wearing before I offer rides.

Feels weird to be “that guy”, but I want to keep out looking new for as long as possible.

Even with the added stress, i just think the white makes the car and I couldn’t have it any other way. Wish I hadn’t sold my Optima Steamer machine (commercial steamer for a detail shop I had a few years back) that thing for sure would’ve removed Jean stains no problem.

Reactions: T3SL4AFBruh

I would never get the white seats again. I wear jeans less than half the time (everything else is cargo pants/shorts) and none of them are worn unwashed. I had blue transfer marking on the driver seat back and sides within the first 5000 miles, which progressed fairly steadily for the first 20k miles or so (now it's mostly steady at around 35k miles).

For reference, I am 5 foot 9 and about 190lbs with a muscular build and a healthy level of bodyfat.

I've had my 2017 S75D for almost 2 years with white interior

I wear jeans alot. Minimal dye transfer as I just wash the seats with dish soap, warm water and dry with a micro fibre cloth once a month as part of my routine maintenance, I also top up windshield washer, check wiper blades for wear etc at the same time.
Go for white. It makes the car look great.