Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Window tint, or not Window tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, mine was around 3.5k for a full wrap with Stoneguard. They needed it for a week plus did win tint, interior protection, wheel coating etc. A wrap is definitely recommended. I do mainly highway driving, and my last car had quite a few by 20,000kms, whereas I've had none so far. The wrap they use is self healing so swirl marks fix themselves in the sunlight. Looks good so far. Also nobody has picked it's wrapped yet and if anything I think enhances the colour (mine's red) - see attached pic (if it worked...). I think the wrap has a 5 year warranty.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 75
Thanks for that Andrew.

So I'm gathering that the wrap is obviously going to give you more protection then the opticoat or cs1 paint protection. I will ask universal tint about it tomorrow, I will also call provinyl and ozi cozi.

From what I can see these wraps aren't a 1 day job?

Hi, mine was around 3.5k for a full wrap with Stoneguard. They needed it for a week plus did win tint, interior protection, wheel coating etc. A wrap is definitely recommended. I do mainly highway driving, and my last car had quite a few by 20,000kms, whereas I've had none so far. The wrap they use is self healing so swirl marks fix themselves in the sunlight. Looks good so far. Also nobody has picked it's wrapped yet and if anything I think enhances the colour (mine's red) - see attached pic (if it worked...). I think the wrap has a 5 year warranty.

Hey Andrew,
I ended up going with Ozicozi, I was talking to my brother about it and he mentioned that he also had his Porsche done by them and was really happy. Also they are only 25mins away from me, Universal tint in Brookvale is a little far.
I ended up going with the wrap on the front only plus the GTechniq on the remainder of the car. Im also doing the window tints.

Drop it off to them Wed and pick up Friday. Fingers crossed!

Hey Andrew,
I ended up going with Ozicozi, I was talking to my brother about it and he mentioned that he also had his Porsche done by them and was really happy. Also they are only 25mins away from me, Universal tint in Brookvale is a little far.
I ended up going with the wrap on the front only plus the GTechniq on the remainder of the car. Im also doing the window tints.

Drop it off to them Wed and pick up Friday. Fingers crossed!

That's great! I'm sure they will look after you. You'll have to post a photo once it's finished :)

Reactions: championi