Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today’s text message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just got this

Tesla Update - Thank you for your patience, due to unprecedented volume you may have issues reaching us. As your vehicle departs the US you'll receive a delivery window notification. Once in Europe we will send you a scheduled delivery date. 24 hours before delivery you'll receive a confirmation with payment and registrations details. Please log in to www.tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete your delivery profile as soon as possible. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sirricardo
This is a tad worrying for me actually. If accurate, they're saying that if you don't have a delivery window yet, don't expect your car to be on any of the ships that have left the US already.

Given no delivery window for myself yet, that'd suggest I'm stuffed for September - for a May 9th order!!

Very frustrating if true.

Nah.. My car had been in Zebrugge for nearly two weeks before I rung up asking for information and they gave me a delivery window.

It's more an aspirational statement of what Tesla would like to happen, rather than what actually happens. Suspect it's all manually initiated as an automated system would be far more consistent.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Ordered two weeks ago and last week got a delivery window: 21st-28th September. Also got this text, not holding my breath for September. Reading other threads it looks like they often miss the delivery window.

This is a tad worrying for me actually. If accurate, they're saying that if you don't have a delivery window yet, don't expect your car to be on any of the ships that have left the US already.

Given no delivery window for myself yet, that'd suggest I'm stuffed for September - for a May 9th order!!

Did you have a reservation?

it’s generally assumed they start allocating vins when the ship exits the panama canal. edinburgh showroom staff also said this to me