Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today (11 Jan 2016) SC 13G/A filing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically stating Abigail Johnson (and family) effectively has more than 5% holding....

Is this an additional purchase, or is it a long standing holding that has tipped into notification requirements through restructuring or as part of due diligence during audiit prep for the 10K?

Basically stating Abigail Johnson (and family) effectively has more than 5% holding....

Is this an additional purchase, or is it a long standing holding that has tipped into notification requirements through restructuring or as part of due diligence during audiit prep for the 10K?

She's the new CEO of Fidelity ( daughter of founder ) and the family owns the majority of Fidelity Imvestments.

Its unclear. A different Fidelity entity was reported in Feb 2015 to own 564k shares (7.4% of Tesla) through a Fidelity family holding company. The current report is for 790k shares (10.1% of Tesla). I don't know if the 2015 holdings are still current. The 2016 report is a trust company that is likely holding assets for other institutional investors. Pyramus holds over $200 billion in assets, so you'll see them as significant stakeholders in pretty much every company on the planet. I don't think it is a big indicator of anything other than significant institutional holdings of TSLA stock. It doesn't represent nearly a large enough percentage of Pyramus assets to require reporting on their end.

I don't think you can assume the 2015 holding is related to the 2016 report, although it is certainly possible that the asset was transferred from one Fidelity holding corp to another.

I don't think you can assume the 2015 holding is related to the 2016 report, although it is certainly possible that the asset was transferred from one Fidelity holding corp to another.
I'm pretty sure the "name of person filing" is all that matters and also this one is amendment number 6 and the February 2015 one is amendment number 5. So unless you can find a different amendment number 5 I think we can assume these 2 are related and Fidelity does not own 18% of Tesla. (If that is what you were implying from the difference in companies in exhibit a which I'm still confused from because amendment #6 refers back to the Pyramis name.)

Fidelity funds currently own 11% of Tesla and last February they owned 7%. Here is their original SC13 (aka amendement 0)
Tesla Motors - Statement of Beneficial Ownership
They originally owned 15%.

I'm pretty sure the "name of person filing" is all that matters and also this one is amendment number 6 and the February 2015 one is amendment number 5. So unless you can find a different amendment number 5 I think we can assume these 2 are related and Fidelity does not own 18% of Tesla. (If that is what you were implying from the difference in companies in exhibit a which I'm still confused from because amendment #6 refers back to the Pyramis name.)

Fidelity funds currently own 11% of Tesla and last February they owned 7%. Here is their original SC13 (aka amendement 0)
Tesla Motors - Statement of Beneficial Ownership
They originally owned 15%.

I see now, thanks! I've never noticed one where the entity named changed back and forth like that before.

These SEC forms are required to be filed quarterly, within 45 days of the end of a quarter. The letter designation signifies whether ownership by institution less than 5%, 5-20% or more. Nasdaq maintains complete information on institutional ownership for Nasdaq traded companies (based on form 13 filings), including TSLA. Fidelity has been the largest institutional holder of TSLA for many quarters.