Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today is the shortest day of the year... how was your production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BrettS

Mar 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
So today is the winter solstice, which is the day with the shortest amount of daylight. How was your production today?

My 15.12kW system produced 37.3kWh, which I don’t think is too bad, considering the fact that there was some cloud cover today. Friday was a nearly cloudless day and I produced 44.8kWh.

110D78B4-1DF8-4CD5-B013-CB10189A7B23.jpeg

Reactions: willow_hiller
So today is the winter solstice, which is the day with the shortest amount of daylight. How was your production today?

My 15.12kW system produced 37.3kWh, which I don’t think is too bad, considering the fact that there was some cloud cover today. Friday was a nearly cloudless day and I produced 44.8kWh.

View attachment 619910

21 kWh, from my 8.7kW system. This is consistent with previous years around this time. My max production in june is mid june is about 50-54kWh and around this time its 19-22 kWh

8 kw (DC) system here, but 2 of my panels (worth 9% of the total) aren't working... so this is more like a 7.3 kw (DC) system.

The Tesla app says I generated 27.1 kWh
The Enphase app says I generated 26.0 kWh

Tesla's data consistently over-states the Enphase data by 4%. I can't tell if this is standard error; but it is sus that the Tesla data is always higher than the Envoy data by 4%. The Envoy sits between the panels and the Gateway 2.

Two days of fog with NO sun at all. My 8.16KW system made 3.2kWh today from ambient light. Yesterday was 7.2. Two days ago it was foggy in the morning but it cleared by 10 am and I made 31.1. The last completely clear day for me was 12/14 and I made 35.7 kWh.