Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Today Tonight Segment on Tesla Model S and the RAC Electric Highway.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only negative I could identify was the "Imported from America" line which might suggest to people that it was some sort of private import rather than being available in Australia direct from the manufacturer?

Yes I also thought it gave the impression that it was a private import.

But I think the real problem with the article was that it was attempting to show that electric cars are almost as good as petrol cars, and not quite yet because of range limitations, but in the future when the incredible price comes down, maybe our children might consider one in a fit of conscience over the environment.

it was so devoid of the wow factor and how in truth the car is so much better than the conventional cars that for only that price, it is already the best car in the world.

Trouble is we already know that so we "read it in" to the report... But your average uninformed lay person would have to think that you were an eccentric enviro hippy lune to privately import a range limited try-hard car in an attempt to save the planet, not your wallet.

Nice report, but it did talk about EVs as "something in the future", not so much "see they are really here now."

People can come check them out at the electric car show... Like they are on display in a zoo as some oddity.

Well, it is a start, but a ways to go.